Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Where to go?
12 Posts
No ideas from anyone?

Ive looked at other postings, then on web sites but cant seem to find the right place.
have you had a look at the other post on this forum ??? such as this

unfortunately many of the Greek resorts have stony/pebble beaches

my personal offering would be either Kritty [Crete] or Kos

wherever you go you will find the majority of Greeks a friendly bunch, and they love children, more than that i cannot say as we don't know your personal likes/dis-likes tastes and what you want in the way of type of accommodation or entertainment

wizard
Thanks i will look into Skiathos not tried there.
Hi Catherine, Don't be put off by what I am about to say but Ayia Napa in Cyprus has got a gorgeous beach and i'm sure there is somewhere quiet there for you to stay. Then there is Sidari on Corfu. Also there is Alykes on Zante. Hope this helps you along the road a little more, good luck. Les
Thanks Les just been looking at Sidari and Zante. Must admit never considered Aiya Napa but will take a look. One thing that has come up whilst looking is getting around with a pushchair, some places seem very hilly with cobble. Have to keep researching.
Cheers.
I would be inclined to be choosing Alykes over Sidari though both are flat. From Zante you can go over to the Greek Mainland and Olympia. See comments on website I recommended to you. Les
Catherine, there are some fans of various bits of Corfu in this thread - my own personal choice would be Arillas (the beach is sandy, but not the finest sandy beach I've ever been on - still, pretty uncrowded). It's got a nice, laid-back, Greek feel, and certainly not boozy! Some lovely restaurants too. I didn't like Sidari overmuch on passing through, and nor did my step-mum, who just spent a week there (just my personal opinion).

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=106206
I would definitely second Alykes - we have been taking grandchildren there for many years, this year being the latest when we went with a two-year-old. Lovely beach, flat and enough bars and tavernas (not noisy unless you want them to be!).
Wendy
Catherine
I'm too old for busy places but I would recommend Skiathos for family fun. There are plenty of resorts away from Skiathos Town and as there is only one real road straight up and down the island it is easy to get around.
If you look around Koukounaris ther will be excellent beaches with enough to do and the main town is only a short bus ride away.
Also it depends on what sort of transfers from airport to resort would put you off.
Parga is also another place that is not too big and brash and good for kids, as well as adults!! of course.
good luck in your search
Hi Catherine
I would have to agree with Phoebe and recommend Arillas, very child friendly, the beach is lovely for kids.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.