Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Where to go???
8 Posts
Jodie,

I bet you'll get lots of advice, so i'm going to go with something you won't be recommended.

Try this place: http://www.tigerrock.info/

It's quite expensive, and not on the coast. But quite beautiful, great people, and the owner (British) lives there part of the year with her young kids, so I bet they are geared to young independent kids who like exploring!

If she's an explorer, look at a 3 day / 2 night trip in Taman Negara. Although you may find it a bit basic and possible sterile (for the worlds oldest rainforest) she will love it, especially the canopy walks, and jungle exploring.
I don't know if this is your cup of tea but there is a theme park and hotel in KL called Sunway Lagoon Resort and Sunway Lagoon Theme park. I haven't stayed there but a friend of mine has.
Have you thought of popping over to Penang? there are a few reasonably priced hotels and lots to do.
Cheers Geri
Wow what a place, that sounds fabulous, a room for 5 nights is about £400 for both of us, do you know if this includes tickets to the parks, if not it's fine as the tickets for each of the parks were about £7 from what I understand if I'm right at working out prices etc. We could do a different park each day which would be fab.

I think I saw Sunway shopping mall from taxi and I think it was about half an hour from Petronas towers which is great.

Has anyone been or know of anybody that's been who could advise.

Thanks

Jo
For anyone interested in finding out more here is their website. I've add both this one and TigerRock to our reviews. Both these places are definitely something different :)
Many thanks for all your ideas I now wanted to ask about sending dear daughter who will be 9 unaccompanied, I will probably send her from UK to Singapore and meet her there and then fly back to KL with her (I don't like the idea of her changing), anyone got any views or experience on this, I was thinking paying extra for Singapore Airlines? Anyone any advice to stop me from having a nervous breakdown, I know she'll be fine but she is precious cargo!!!

Thannks

Jo
SA will be good. Have to say I have also seen BA being very good with unaccompanied children. Its worth finding out from both what they can do. You are doing the right thing by avoiding a change of planes for her though :)
As Fiona said BA are very good looking after unaccompanied minors. My young nieces and nephews visited me many times over the years and were looked after superbly by BA. Again I think that problems start when there is a change of plane but as you can get a non-stop flight for your daughter everything should run smoothly. I would imagine that SA will be equally as good as BA being as they are a first class company.
Judith
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.