General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Where to go?
11 Posts
Hi rachel, I'm assuming your budget's for one week. I know you are in college but if you can get away before the schools break up you'll have more of a chance of booking something within your budget. During school hols time you probably wouldn't have so much choice in this price range.

As for destinations- how long a flight are you prepared to take? Also do you like busy nightlife, laid back or somewhere in between?
Yes one week :)
That would be tricky seeing as my sister is still at school, but we would be willing any sort of flight length (obv not too long as im guessing for nothing over £400 this place is going to be in europe)
And yeah busy nightlife is good xxx
OK let's kick off- sorry for lots of questions but we need to be sure we suggest the right sort of places for you. When you say busy do you mean 18-30 type of place or is that a bit too ott.

the Greek islands are my favourite places so I'll be the first to recommend Stalis to you. Plenty of busy bars and lovely restaurants and if it's not quite busy enough you can always walk into Malia (or take a taxi) less than a mile away which is Club central area in Crete. If good shops is a priorityh for you though, I'm afraid there are only your normal souvenir shops here along with a few small clothes shops.
Ahh questions are good! Yess the hotter the better! We are sun worshippers haha,
and shops dont really matter, just somewhere we can get a few cheap clothes and some prezzies xx
I think Greece wouldbe good to. Maybe one of the main Islands with a bit of a buzz to them like Kos, Corfu, Rhodes, Crete or Zante.
I'd say Turkey,Icmeler has a nice,safe feel to it,if my son and his girlfriend wanted to go away at nearly 18,that's where I'd suggest.Cheap fake clothing and bags too.
Yes I agree Turkey might suit you too especially if you don't mind a bit of haggling. The weather will be sweltering and the fake designer goods are cheap but I'm afraid food and drink has risen in price. In fact drinks can be expensive unless you like local beer.
Kos town would suit you too. Plenty of pubs, clubs and some smashing restaurants.
Turkey or one of the Greek islands would probably suit you, as you are both young I would say don't go for the really big, busy resorts in Turkey though as they could be a bit overwhelming, some where like Turgutreis or Gumbet would be better than Marmaris or Kusadasi.
I would also recommend Kalkan and Altinkum(check out Panormos Hotel) in Turkey. Go and look at the Turkey Forum.

Les

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.