General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Where to go
13 Posts
Have you been to York, Helen?
I was reading an article in the paper today, seems to be some new attractions that were not there when we went ages ago- new things in Castle museum, story of Rowntrees etc. Made me think it's about time we had another visit there.
It's getting quite hard to find flights from the regional airports- many of the routes have stopped now. Madrid is next on our city break list!
kate
We've been to York just the once Kate and loved it. Unforunately it's nearly a 6 hour drive from here, which is a bit far for a couple of days. When we went, we stayed half way for one night on the way up, but found the drive back very long. Madrid/Barcelona/Budapest/Dubrovnik are on our to do list, but as you say flights from regional airports are very poor now
Have you been to Lisbon, Helen?.... A great city with plenty to see and do.
Easyjet fly there from Bristol and, in October, flights should come at a reasonable cost if you book early enough.
Not since my schooldays Sagres when we visited there for 2 days on a school cruise, & if I'm honest I can't remember much about it. Thanks for the recommendation
Have you thought about Prague, I have not been but know a few that have and appears to be reasonable cost wise
Lisbon, Madrid and Barcelona are all great destinations- perfect for a 3 day break. My favourite of these would be Barcelona. All are easy to get around - the hop on/off buses take you to most tourist places.
We have used our Tesco vouchers for short break to Valencia. The hotel that they use is wonderful. It's not in the town but you can walk in through the park that has been made in the canal bed. You can also hire bikes directly from the hotel too - and we cycled a few times into the town via the park.
We have been to Prague Mis Pink & it certainly is a beautiful city - no doubt we will return. Never been to Valencia Betty Boop, so will have a look at it. Thanks
The hotel is very modern Helen. I have pictures (can I put them on here?) if you would like to see them. It's opposite the 'Oceanografic City of Arts & Sciences' http://www.cac.es/oceanografic/ fabulous place!
That was the Barcello hotel wasnt it Pam .. Even better when you can use your clubcard points . :tup

Another suggestion only because my friend has just come back and loved it .. Palma . not what I'd pictured at all but she said beautiful cathedral there and lot's of old windy lanes so could be worth a look.

hmm quite fancy it myself now http://www.majorca-mallorca.co.uk/palma_photos8.htm
;) yes, Barcello Lyn. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We even biked through the park one day, passed the town and went to the new zoo there. Another day we walked opposite way to the beach too.
We've been to Palma many times Lyn, and yes it should definitely be on your "to do" list :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.