Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Where to go
4 Posts
A1, like the Spanish the Portuguese are a very child friendly nation, kids clubs are usually attached to hotels for guest only, but make yourself known [use the bar and pool facilities] then talk to them [their may be a small fee]

A2 ,the Algarve is in the Atlantic not the Med so the further west you go the winder its likely to be [taken over a year]

A3, all the main resort areas and many of the smaller ones will have the facilities you need

A4, IMO the best beaches are on the Atlantic silver coast but it can be very windy and is not known to the Brits unless your a wind surfer other than that most of the eastern resorts i would favour Monte Gordo

A5, Again Monte Gordo and Villa real de Santio Antonio [again not well known to the Brits] are probably the flattest areas

other members will have other ideas but its a start

wizard
Hi,

Wizard has given you some excellent answers and I think he's got it spot on in that the resorts in the eastern Algarve are generally flatter. I didn't think I could contribute any more as the area we know best is the central Algarve (we have an apartment in Albufeira, which is very hilly). But you could look at Gale (pronounced gar-lay) which is a few miles west of Albufeira. Plenty of villas on the same level as the beach and there's a supermarket and restaurants there. The beautiful sandy beach stretches for miles along to Armacao de Pera. Choice of water parks and Zoomarine within a shortish drive. But of course it can be windy!
very difficult to give advice, everywhere is fabulous, there is 150 miles of coastline to the Algarve and each town /village has a different ambience. My advice is to go and see for yourselves and like the rest of us you are bound to fall in love with a particular area and you are bound to find a property to your liking at a good price as at present it is very much a buyers market.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.