Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi Katy.

My choice from the 3 locations you mention is Larnaca. We go every year and have done for the last 6 years.
Problem is, youll be hard pushed to find packages to Larnaca, it's not that popular with tour companies for some reason, although there are umpteen apartment hotels there, in town, at the Makenzie tourist area and the Oroklini/Pyla tourist area.

Will you have a car for part or all of your holiday?

Mark
Hi Mark - having done a bit of research we thought Larnaca sounded the best bet but have no idea where the best bit is to stay in. We usually try and get a beachfront apartment - at least you know you're not going to be staring at a wall or into someone else's apart! We don't hire a car and have been told the bus service is pretty frequent and cheap (is that a myth?) We like to be within easy walking distant of bars and resturants etc but nowwhere too noisy. Don't want much do we!!! Would be grateful for any help as in the dark as to what to do.
Thanks
Katy
Hi Katy.

We stay in a villa on the Larnaca/Dhekelia Road and always hire a car.
We haven't used the bus for a few years, but when we did it ran during daylight hours along that road every 1/2 hour, for 50c you could get into town.
I think it now runs well into the evening/night.

I can recommend the Lythisea Apartments, (just been refurbished) but they are right at the Dhekelia end of the tourist strip. They are opposite the CTO tourist beach and pavillion.

If you want to be in the thick of it I'd recommend somewhere in town, especially if you're not having a car.
Livadhiotis, Petrou Bros, Onisilos to name 3 that spring to mind that we haven't stayed.
They are 50 yards from the prom, but are in fairly quiet areas.

One we have stayed in is Mike's Kanarium, near St Lazarus Church.
Basic, but we'd stay there again.

Hope this helps.

Mark
I would recommend Protaras or Ayia napa. Not very busy in September...
The most beautiful place in Cyprus.
There is some seaview and beach VIDEOs from that area:
http://www.videocyprus.com/sea.html link directly to video gallery - no ads.
digimedia wrote:
The most beautiful place in Cyprus.

Oh yes, much nicer than Lara Bay, the unspoilt Akamas, Troodos etc! Not to mention the lesser spoilt towns and villages scattered throughout the island. :roll:

Mark
Ok Cyprus is beautiful all over :D

Protaras/Pernera is a bit quieter than other areas and has plent of bars and restuarants to go at. A hire car is a great way of seeing a lot more (and a confident driver will have no problems as they use English style signs and roads etc).

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.