Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Where in Egypt.
7 Posts
Sharm would probably be great for a four year old. The hotels are superb, have three or four pools, a few restaurants, pretty grounds etc Some have there own aqua parks.

I would caution against the pyramids though as they are 500 miles or so from Sharm in a completely different part of the country. You either fly there and it costs about 150GBP per person, or you go across the desert in a huge convoy of 100 coaches. For both of these trips you have to get up between to go there and back in a day.
Thanks for reply - appreciate it. :tup
Not sure what time of year you are planning to go, but to give you an idea of temps..........end of april until October it ranges from the 80s - 130 degrees, and very very hot. November is still in the 80s, december-march is in the middle 70s. It is an all year round resort, kids on the beach at christmas and in the sea.

If you go to Cairo - add another 5 degrees on the temps
Luxor add another 10 degrees.

I have been fortunate enough to visit sharm 7 times, May, june (x2), july, august, November (x2).

Hope you find a good holiday and have a lovely time :tup

Michelle :cheers
We love Sharm, but be warned that most of the beaches are a bit treacherous for a small child, because of the coral reefs in the red sea most of the beaches have razor sharp rocks with jettys going out into the sea so that bathers/snorklers can avoid the rocks and use the jettys to access the sea, but this often means jumping into deep waters, good for strong adult swimmers but certainly not for the fainthearted or children.
There are some beaches, however, that are safer but these are few and far between and you will need to check this out first. We used the 'Terrazina' beach when we went a few years ago and it is a bit expensive to use for the day but would be ideal for small children in that it is a manmade beach using lots of soft sand.
Also Sharm is a long way from Cairo where the pyramids are and I feel that this would be rather long journey for a small child.
Am sure, however, that most hotels will have great facilities for children, and would advise enlisting a babysitter so that you can go to the pyramids without worrying that your child is over-tired, too hot, hungry/thirsty etc.
Hope that this helps.
Yeah it does. And i think pyramids will be left out for now. If i go then she will stay with her dad. But it can wait. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.