General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
most places with guaranteed sun -canaries/egypt are about 4 hour flights- may not be best for you in view of your nerves.
i would suggest you look at spain, but as its november you could strike unlucky. costa brava is a 2 hour flight from london, and costa del sol about 2 1/2 hours.
when the weather is good - more times than it is bad-you can go swimming etc without it being too hot.
thankyou, what about tunisia? were in the midlands and that is a 3 hr flight which i think would be ok, well better than 4+ hrs anyway if its going to be better weather than spain ?
Have been to Benidorm twice now end of October and first two weeks of November and been lucky both times with the weather. Still able to swim in the pool and the sea :tup
I would definitely recommend Tunisia. The weather isn't guaranteed but it is usually quite nice at that time of year and Tunisians love children.
How about the Algarve - it probably won't be scorching hot as it is the Atlantic and not the Med but it should be very pleasant. There are lovely beaches and coves - particularly along the Western Algarve and they are so used to us Brits that anything you need for baby you should be able to get. Between 2 - 3 hours flight time. No time difference either.

Alternatively look at Malta - weather good there most of the year - apprwox 3 hour flight.

Pippa
thanks, Debbie, thats sounds good, nice wetaher in spain begining nov, ill take a look! just about to post and saw yours reply pippa, that too sounds good, ideal if it is nice enough to sunbathe and take a swim. ill take a look at that too, great thanks :-)
Well you seem to have plenty of suggestions for where to go and I hope you choose somewhere nice. I just wanted to reassure you about travelling with your baby. My granddaughter has been coming to Turkey with us since she was 10 weeks old (she's now just turned 2) and we have never had a problem (and Turkey is a four-hour flight) - she had flown six times before her second birthday and is flying out again at the end of September.

As for the flying, taking off and landing seem to be the worst times for people to feel their ears so give him a bottle to suck which will help (it's something to do with relieving the pressure). If you worry at these times, maybe let somebody else hold him as you may transmit your fear to him. As for him teething, well he would be teething wherever he was so if he is, just treat him the same (eg something to rub on his gums, maybe a little Calpol is he has a temperature, etc).

And don't forget it would be your holiday as well. You say it's always down to mummy - well it shouldn't be, let daddy take a turn (he wouldn't want to feel left out) and I am sure your baby's grandparents would be only too pleased to help out whenever necessary. My partner and I travel with my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter and we all take turns with her. Anyway, grandparents enjoy that kind of thing!!

One final bit of advice if I may, if you do book somewhere, go and enjoy yourself. Don't spend all your time worrying - babies are much more resilient than you think and can adapt to most conditions. Wherever you do, just remember that people in that country have been having babies for ever and they have survived!! Enjoy and have a great holiday.

Jak xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.