General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
where is best?
20 Posts
I think the weather will still be good in Cape Verde Val - but whether there'd be enough there for you to do I'm not sure :que
Cape Verde is exactly where I was just going to suggest Helen :tup
Too late for Turkey really,the weather won't be too good.
Was going to suggest Cape Verde to or maybe Morroco, Tunisia .
Cape Verde again but you would prbably end up diving there as well
Another vote for Cape Verde, I can guarantee you wouldn't be sorry :tup
If I remember rightly, you can fly there from Manchester....what is there to do there other than diving?
How long is the flight?

Morocco interests me a little..I like the idea of rambling round the bazaares...which is something Rob would not like...(too many people)..

Thanks for suggestions...
Madeira has plenty to offer and there are a few hotels for less than £500 a week flying from Manchester through Atlantic Holidays. Temperature will be mid 20s.
Val if you click on the My media link to the left in this post you will find 4 slideshows of Cape Verde featuring Boa Vista and Sal that will give you some idea of what to expect its the type of place you will either love or hate. Flight time about 6hrs.
Thanks Nick, I had a quick look ( well i am supposed to be working!) at some prices and it was coming in quite pricey even at such short notice...I will see if I can find a bargain..

I know that if I dont find owt good, Rob will be straight in booking us a dive holiday ( would be nice if we could afford both!) and as much as i want a dive holiday too..I think I would like summats different...a new destination...

Thanks everyone...
My daughter has been to Cape Verdi and while she and her husband found it very beautiful they were bored. A lot going on in Morrocco though.
Flight time around 5.5 hours to Boa Vista Val. I can't say hubby and I were bored. We did a boat trip, ended up on a beautiful little island. We did the turtle trip which we thoroughly enjoyed. It was at night time they took us to a tent to give us some information on them, and while we were there the turtles were hatching. They then took us to the hatchery where we collected them all,, then we took them to the beach and released them. It was fab :tup . We also took a trip into the town, had the chance to look around the markets, and they took us to the local school to have a look and meet the kids :tup Lastly a local guy told us to go and have a meal in the Blue Marlin as it was the best on the island, he even phoned and made the reservation for us. We took a gamble and grabbed a taxi there, OMG when we arrived it was a tiny place and the walls were full of graffiti. I was thinking what the hell have we done :yikes . Just goes to show never judge a book by it's cover, we had the best meal of the fortnight there, their lobster was out of this world , the wine wasn't bad either :rofl
Hi Val....Can't personally guarantee, but our friends who have an apartment in Paphos, Cyprus say November weather is still nice and warm. Historical sights to explore and a visit up the Troudos mountains is a must. Prices are within your budget with the Tour ops.

Hope this is of some help.....Caz
Thanks everyone..I reckon I might get a little bored in Cape Verde....I am not one for drop and flop..I lasted half an hour last time I tried to do that..and most of our holidays are all action and adventure...so as lovely as the turtles sound in Cape Verde...I need something else.

Cyprus sounds good too..and we can get there from Donny if the flights are still running to Paphos ( another story, there are hardly any flights running out of Donny any more)..that might keep my wanderlust happy..much to explore etc..

Morocco and Cyprus....hmm...

Thanks guys..

(bet you anything Rob gets fed up with me looking and books a dive holiday!)
Right lets beat him to it then Val :D Hmm I think you might be a bit bored in cape Verde too if you dont want to dive . I would like it but not sure it would be for you . I'm fairly sure it's mostly A/I drop and flop style , not that I have been of course but I have researched .

morocco sounds more you or maybe even Tunisia . I've heard good things about Madiera too
Does it have to be warm though if you want to do some exploring .Something completely different perhaps or do you Want to be waited on a bit ?????

How about a long city break or a week in somewhere like austria breathing in some of that lovely mountain air. :D . farmhouse in tuscany, loads of history and beautiful Italian villages to exlore there (definately still on my to do list) , Ok maybe not exactly a cheapy but worth investigating . Or drive over to France and explore a bit . Take in normandy , WW11 stuff and the DDay landing beaches. You' d love that
Val, when I went to Morrocco it was one of the best holidays I had. To this day I still harp on about it as I went with friends just before my married and kids days :rofl There is so much to choose, see and do out there. We stayed in Marrakesh and I keep saying to hubby and the girls we are and we will go out there. Weather was great, hotel staff were out of this world. :)

Hope you manage to find someat Val, cos you are right YOU do need a holiday

XXXXX
The driving round France exploring sounds good..something we would both like...hmm, maybe a long city break....never thought of that, I was just thinking week in the sun....

normally I would cover every angle but I am so knackered I never even thought of that...
That sort of thing probably needs a bit more planning but you could just book a budget flight or ferry and worry about accomdation later . That would halt Rob at least :rofl Morocco does sound good though :D

Somewhere like Rome could keep you more than happy for 5-7 with more history than you could shake a stick at and would still be warm beginning nov but it wouldnt be cheap to stay and eat . We went end oct and it was quite warm with sun every day.

A couple of times this week i've seen a TV advert promoting Jordan . Dont know how different that would be to Egypt but noticed Easyjet fly there now. Wonder if the tour operators have picked it up yet ??? . I really hope you can sort something because you both really need one .
I would suggest, Gran Canaria, it's hot all year round and is such a gorgeous country!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.