Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
hi tubs, we came back from pdla 2 weeks ago and it was really quiet. mind you, there was a bit of a price war going on to get you in to restraunts and bars, so the holiday was a bit cheaper in tems of spending money !
we even bartered with excursion reps to get good prices, so, personally don't mind it quieter !
We're going to Costa Adeje in 3 weeks. Good to see you had a good time and the weather was good.
We're staying at the Gran Hotel, I'd prefer it to be quiet tbh.
We just got back after a fortnight there- very quiet!

Think some of it may be that the resort areas are growing, so people are more spread out around the place?

Lots of acts not on in the bars, probably cos it's so quiet. But we had a lovely time, so don't care!

Ali
As an ol Tenerife hand i can tell you that June is always quiet.Many of the workers take this month as their holiday. Things pick up in July/August but remember the place is at it best October to March.
Yep Tenerife is allways quite in June but its a lovely time of year here.
I am staying at Costa Adeje Gran from 14th July - 3rd year running on this date and it is usually possibly quieter than August but busier than June. Just the way we like it.
Hey You folks - Lucky those who have just been to 'my favourite place' or are going shortly but as for me I'm stuck in the UK Midlands where it is grey and cold and whilst not raining at present it looks like it's not far away. I have to say I'm better off than some people in the Uk whose homes have been destroyed in the floods - I just wish they will get the help they need at present - but I would like to see some sun since it is June after all. :wave MyraLock
i thought it was deadly quiet as well.
we went in mid june.

i remeber it being a lot tidier than it was as well and posted a remark saying that and have been jumped on for it! :cry:
Actually you stated that you thought it needed some money spent on it.

It is quiet here but as stated before it is the time of year. Also I feel that for some their annual holidays will be a thing of the past with the way mortgage rates are rising and utility bills in the UK, some people are in the unfortunate position that they can't afford to run a house and have a holiday. One reason I moved from the yUK, everything is overpriced compared to the rest of Europe.
The south is getting longer and longer, it has nearly joined up to Caletta now, when we first went there the walk to Caletta was across dirt tracks. I think the same amount of people are going (according to the local paper), but spread over a larger area. Were we are there are so many new bars opened that we do not need to go into Los Cristianos for entertainment now, and all the bars around us are quite full.
Never been in June before, or July or August. We usually go after the Easter and summer school holidays. It is always HEAVING then. Really busy, and to my surprise, much busier than when we have been at Christmas. Maybe we should try june if it is quieter. Mind you the webcams seem to indicate that it has been very busy this June (or is that jsut quiet in comparison with August)

Hope everyone going soon has a good time
i think its been very quiet this june...... quieter than last year!
Just back from a week in La Siesta hotel which was great. it was my 9th visit to tenerife and we really enjoy going there.

This year has definitely been the worst for being pestered by the timeshare/shopping centre scratchcard brigade. We went a 2 mile walk most days and decided to count how many times we were approched - the record was 27 times, very very annoying. :x

Is it just me or are they worse this year ? They must affect local trade as we tended to shy away from the areas they operate in :(
they are a nuisance we all know..... there are regulations coming into force to hopefully keep this problem to a minimum..... if it works at all remains to be seen!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.