Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
ours is goan waves... straight to there on calangute beach with a walk in the sea....
The Riverview in Cavelosim is our first port of call
lunch and a Kings sitting on a jetty over looking the river
BLISS :cheers :cheers
Pat :sun2
Straight down Edwins shack Cavelossim beach. Which is exactly what I will be doing in 50 days time :sun2
Having settled in, we then go down to the Mish Mar beach shack on the beach at Majorda.
roxey sometimes its the Tipsy shack in calangute and sometimes its stringfellows in candloim ..but its always one or the other ... :cheers :sun2
Ganesh shack for a few hours of sun catch up with people we have met over the years with a Kings or 2!!
seems like alcohol comes top of most first things to do :rofl :rofl :rofl
Pat :sun2
forgot to say that we will be going to anans for something to eat too... :)
I totally wasted our first day when I arrived in Goa earlier this year. It was our first trip and we weren't quite sure of what to do or where to go! Wish this thread was available 12-months ago.

It was raining on our first day and after a long flight, we had a short walk around the hotel, the hotel grounds and the surroinding area. This took us to lunch time where I decided to have a couple of beers......BIG MISTAKE! Because of the heat and I was sooo tired, the beer hit me really hard. I didn't realise at the time mind you. We then went for our first look at Baga beach. It was amazing and my first really strong memory was of how warm the sea was. We walked for ages before heading into a shack for some nibbles and more Kingfisher. I had heard how good Kingfisher was before I went and wanted to experience it in the first few hours of being in Goa.

I had a couple more beers and things just got worse! I was so light-headed that I've forgotten about most of the rest of our first day. What a waste of a day.

My advice....yeh have a beer but be ready for it to hit you hard because of the jet lag and the heat. Dont over do it :cheers
Next Easter, I'll be heading straight to the shack, breakfast and not quite so much alcohol :rofl
Day one this year is.....be met by regular taxi driver at the airport, pop into Panjim for a quick bit of shopping then lunch. After that head to guest house to relax/have a kip, freshen up etc then to Why Not for the meet up. Depending on time might slip a quick trip up to Arpora to see our mate Vinson and eat at his hotel OR I will have a bite to eat at the meet up. By this time I shall be absolutely flippin cream crackered.

Day two...have a nice lie in (if the crows don't wake me up), bit of brekky, grab a book and chill by the pool for the morning. Attending a wedding at 4 pm and a fairly late night so need to conserve my energy :D

Only there for a week and I have a pretty hectic schedule planned......think I will need another holiday when I get back :D

Normally its change into cozzy and head for the beach :sun2
to the beach, see some friends at our usual shack. have a swim in the lovely warm water, something to eat, beer or two. :cheers BEGIN TO CHILL OUT. :sun2 :sun2
is there anything better??? :que
Always go to the why not to meet up with our freinds then ill leave my oh
and go shopping to get water tea milk ect ect ive never had time to beach on the first day its
so fun just walking around and waving to people who remember you
:D
sharon uk
Guess it will be down to Aggis's shack for a beer, chat, chillout, then I'll feel at home again.
Ehh! it seems that I'm the only coffee addict here. first thing, we usually arrive rather early, after having settled in - Caffe Day for couple of good strong coffees :) sometimes the doors are still closed but after seeing our faces through glass door, they open it quickly beeing afraid that if not, we come rushing through ;)
and then....... saying "hello, glad to see you again" to the right and to the left ... to Sea King beach shack.
97 days, 0 hours, 1 minute and 49 seconds says my Yahoo widget on the desktop :wave:
argo
Straight to the beach and Sam's Paradise for a few Kings and maybe a cocktail at sunset. 32 sleeps!
straight to the Oceanic shack Baga beach

Got it in one Shirley :tup
If that is the first place you head for Irishcolleen then they must make a lovely cup of coffee mmm!!!! LoL :rofl :rofl

Mike
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.