Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I like the dolphin one near Albufiera, just because i love dolphins :oops:
Got to agree, Sagres, the skywatchers at the airport are definitely the best......we sooooooooo love them.
We also love the roundabout at Tavira which has a sail boat on it and as soon as we reach it we feel that we are arriving home ie to Cabanas!!!!!!
Pat
:glynis
P.S. Just counted and we go back 10 weeks today......yippeeeeeeeeeeee
Mine are a bit boring really,but when my kids see either the Globe or the Worms roundabouts I can say "YES we are nearly there". :lol:
They're not boring,bluboy;in fact I don't think I've seen a boring roundabout on the Algarve - a few I don't understand, o.k. :? , but no boring ones !! :D
I like them all, if I can see any of them then I know I am in the Algarve which is alright by me. If I had to chosse I would say the Dophin one though.

Cheers,

Lummie :D
The roundabout at Guia...nowt to look at but so much better than the strange light controlled junction that was there before.
The one they are just building at quatro estradas! Soooo much more efficient than the lights!
It was a bit of a mess round Quatras Estradas yesterday - anyway the roundabout will hardly be needed once the new 'bypass' is finished.

My favourite one is the watches 'roundabout' in Albufeira where traffic comes at you from all directions at the same time with every traffic flow crossing the other.

I get off my bike often and walk over!
I have mentioned this before ,there is to be a statue of a chicken in this round about, this is to symbalise that Guia is the gastronomic home of chicken piri-piri. No I hav'nt been on the vinho :lol: but I can confirm that it has been approved by the mayor and the town council.Was'nt in place in Feb but back in May and will check again. :hmmm
Hi, there is a roundabout on the N125 at the back of Tavira near the cemetary that I think is, well actually I am not sure what I think it is, but the OH thinks its a scaffold impression of a cataplana dish/pot. Does anyone know what I am referring to and any idea as to its identity.

I also love the airport roundabout. And, I know its not in the question, but I also love the smell of Faro airport when you arrive. Foreign cigarettes (am non smoker) and coffee. Lovely smell. Gatwick just hasnt got it.

Saz1
hiya my favourite roundabout is "skywatchers ar Faro airport followed by Dolphins in albufiera.I really like them allas they are different but thats my favourite 2
Hmmm! I guess there hasn't been much going on in the world the last couple of weeks!? :wink:
More interesting than this website though. :omg

http://www.martynhicks.co.uk/personal/html/streetlamps/streetlamps.html
Am I led to believe they are building a roundabout at Quatre Estradas? Well not before time it must be the accident blackspot between Lagos and Sagres. And in respect of this thread I shall look forward to whatever it looks like.
A roundabout is indeed under construction. There is also a new bridge being built to carry traffic Loule - Quarteira over the N125 so the legendary delays at the old traffic lights will be a thing of the past. Not this summer though I suspect!
So far the roundabout under construction at Quatro Estradas does not seem to be doing a great deal to ease the queues where the traffic lights were but hopefully will in the end. Also I see they are in the process of building another roundabout where the new road goes over the 125. The new roundabout at Guia, on past Algarve shopping, is a wonderful improvement - have the Portuguese just discovered roundabouts!
The roundabout is much better off peak now, I go through it at all times of day all week long, and the queues are just as long in rush hour, but move far faster than when the lights were there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.