Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
We have just got back from Rocky's Resort in Koh Samui.
It is only a small resort and very private.
Whilst there there were 3 weddings.
I believe they are the no 1 in Samui for Weddings.
They were all different and organised with Luke via their email address.
I have to say they were wonderful.
Look at their website for pictures and reviews from others. the resort is just as it says on their website.
The guests at the weddings either stayed at the same resort or at another in Lamai.
I've decided I want to get married at the Tubkaak in Krabi. Although whether it's feasable is a different matter!
are you wanting to "splash out" or do you have a budget you would like to stick to?
We have a resonable budget but can't expect the family and friends to spend just as much...We've been looking at a few site and we're likeing the sound of Hua Hin, I've never been but from what I've read its not as busy as Pattaya and nearer from Bangkok then Koh Samui so we wouldnt have to get another flight.
Is the weather really that bad in Aug/Sep time?

xa
I have to be honest and say that I didn't think the beach at Hua Hin was up to much. If a beach is important to you I would look at Koh Samui at that time of year. Flights from Bangkok are about £200 return. What sort of nightlife are you looking for? A few nice restaurants and bars- or a bit more?
We would like to go to Kho Samui, just a bit worried about getting there from Bangkok! well getting the family there anyway! How long and how much is the flight from Bkk? where did you find flight for £200.00?? the cheapest I can find is at lease £500.00. We've heard that kho Samui is a little quite, we're planning on going for 2 weeks with a few days in Bangkok so bit more night life would be good.
We'll be staying in villas or hotel with pool so maybe the beach wouldn't matter too much, but is it really bad?

xa

[/b]
£500 from Bangkok to Samui!!!
It only cost us £500 from UK to Samui in August!

Look on Bangkok airways website. A return flight works out £125 each.
It may be cheaper to book your flights direct to Samui with your TA.

Alternatively you could go by train.
You could travel overnight in a first class sleeper for £20 one way.
You get the train to Surat Thani and then the shuttle bus.
The whole journey takes 14 hours.

Chaweng is lively on Koh Samui.
sorry- I meant £200 return for BKK to KS for 2.
£200 return is that with Bangkok Airways? Are they the only airline that fly from BKK into Samui on domestic flights? I am looking at the moment, not sure whether to go for the Discovery Pass option whish is $66 each way to Koh Samui return BKK. But you have to buy 3 flights with this option. May still work out cheaper??

I really do like the look of Rockys but I have read that the beach is not up to much. I need a good beach for my OH. Any recommendations on Samui, somewhere with a few nice restaurants to walk to but the nightlife not too much in your face, its drives my OH mad when you walkout and all to get 100 times is massage sir or TUK TUK!
Fiona,
when I married in Bangkok four years ago, first of all I had to go to the British Embassy to get a free to marry certificate signed, then went to registry office and married my Thai Wife, then to translation office to get marriage certificate translated into English, all arranged by translation office on the corner of Wireless Road about a hundred yards from the Embassy for £100 . don't know if this helps?
I love that username :lol:
Hopefully that info will help Andrea
Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.