Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Where ?
3 Posts
Your first decision should be to head to the west of Crete. Fly to Chania, not Heraklion.
You'll then encounter the best that the island has to offer both in terms of natural beauty and other activities. You'll also avoid the "Brits abroad" scenario. I recommend you visit
http://www.west-crete.com/crete-daily-photo.php and you'll quickly see what I mean.
Good luck.
Last time we were in Crete we took a drive over to Rethymnon for the day and found a lovely little village based around a small cove with a a few tavernas etc - I think it was called Panorama or Panormos - not "eenglish pub bar" type place. The western side of Crete is much less touristy than the East but has some lovely beaches - as well as secluded coves. Definately fly into Chania as its less of a drive and the airport tends to be a lot less hectic than Heraklion.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.