Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Rhodes get very hot as well. When I was there last temperatures were in excess of 110 degrees.
Southern Crete was extremely hot. over 40 degrees some days in August. That coastline I think is nearer Africa and you get the nice African breezes too.
I think Symi (Town) gets the hottest, because it's so sheltered....but don't hold me to it!!!
Over the years I've been to Corfu, Crete, Kefalonia, Zante, Kos, Rhodes, Halkidiki and Symi (always in Sept) and Crete was the hottest and that was quite a few years ago now too.
My vote goes to Crete. Went to Chania area in 2005 and it was hotter than Olu Deniz was this year in Turkey for the same two weeks. :shock: :D :shock: :D
I agree with Elenitsa. Symi is often about 4C warmer than Rhodes because of the shelter afforded by the Bay of Datca and the harbour itself. We needed the aircon at the end of September/ beginning of October this year for the first time ever.
Away from Greece, Northern Cyprus hit 120F in July a couple of years ago. Quite painful coming out of the sea at Salamis. Which cartoon character used to hop along saying "ouch, ouch" with each step? I practised for that role. At least Symi doesn't get quite that warm and there is usually a bar close at hand. A much more sensible way of escaping the sun, with a bottle or two of Mythos at hand. Much more fun than the Nova Scotia.
Can I just turn this around and ask which is the least hottest place in Summer.
everywhere is the same..least hottst to find only if you follow the wind in greece..
You can fry eggs on your chest in Lindos. If you go into a corner of the Acropolis you can do the bacon and sausage on your napper - if you've got as much hair as me.
:) :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.