Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi, Just my opinion but the Silver Sands is in a better position in regards to beach access because it is at the end of Beach road.
We haven't stayed there though but we have seen the rooms and they looked OK, clean and furnished with you require, we have stayed at the Pheonic Park however and i wan't impressed, purley on two accounts which are important to me and maybe not others, i like an outside private space such as a balcony but the room we stayed in didn't have one and the other being one being, i can't stand it when people put their towels on sunbeds just like they do on the costa's and then dont use them straight away, this occurred most mornings despite what time i got up and looked out of the window (which did over the look the pool by the way), this was even before breakfast had started being served.
This is the reason we have opted for staying in an apartment for the past 7-8 years, this way we can please ourselves what we do and when we do it.
hope this helps
Thanks Jayne :cheers
Stayed in both and prefer the Silver sands.
The pool at the PP is far better.
evenings around the pool for drinks are better at the PP.
There is usually some entertainment at the PP
The rooms at the SS are better than the PP and the beds are pretty much alike.
Pillows at the SS were very good.
Standard rooms at the PP will be a bit dated now unless they have been refurbished in the last couple of years.
SS is a far better location, staff are great
I think that if you look up the SS in hotel reports there is a report of mine with links to some pics.
The PP is still a good hotel though.
The above based on a standard room at the PP and a superior room at the SS (which just means it's a bit bigger and includes A/C + fridge which are extra in standard rooms, I think)
Standard rooms at the PP include A/c and fridge, I think.
edit.
http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g169/del949/silver%20sands%20goa/
Thank you for the info guys. Well I've ended up booking the Silver Sands Hideaway! I know it's not the Silver Sands hotel down the beach road and its a bit out of the way but it looks lovely. We have a bike through the day so not worried about walking in the heat. It will just be walking in the evenings for us!

Anyone been to this hotel? The reports I've seen seem good so fingers crossed.

11 weeks to go!!! :cheers

Tracy
Friends have been and were well satisfied with the Hideaway.
I thought that I had seen some pics on here of the Hideaway.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.