Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
...one thing.......

I would like the resort/island to contain a mixture of traditional greece, but also has a mixture of british tourists!! Ie, i can go to a number of english/steak restaurants and pubs, aswell as authentic greek restaurants - i think you know what i mean!!

GG
Kos was brilliant had all the above haven't been there in a few years doubt it has changed much. Went on a lovely boat trip one day to the different islands surrounding Kos and you can also go visit Turkey (bodrum) for the day for some brilliant shopping. The place we stayed was Kos Town but i hear there is a lot of British holidaymakers in Kardemena(not sure if it is spelled correctly)
I agree you will probably like Kos. We stayed in Kefalos early October. Plenty of bars and restaurants catering for all tastes and very reasonably priced. Plenty going on without being rowdy. The resort sprawls along a long sandy bay (over a mile long) with sections with or without sunbeds. You can take day trips to the volcanic island of Nissyros or to Kalymnos and the island is small enough to explore by car to see the ruins, mountain villages or Kos town.
I would agree with Maria. Kefalos is stunning. A typical Grek vilage up in the hills, plenty of bars, tavernas and also english type places down in the resort, huge beach, although that being said, there are much better ones outside of the resort, only five mins or so on the bus. Markos Beach, Sunny Beach - paradise Beach (very busy though).
Stunning views from up in the hill overlooking the resort. Zia for sunsets...... have we sold it to you yet??? :lol: :lol:
Also, weather is just right, we too, like Maria go late Seoptember early October and the weather is great, lovely and warm/hot during the day. Sea beautiful - still okay to swim, not chilled off too much.
Heather
Island of Paros and Naussa (spelling?) is lovely, DH and I had our honeymoon there last year in fact one year ago exactly we were there. Fantastic place. Great places to eat, we found a couple of good places down back streets including a salad bar. One thing I'd reccommend is to sit outside one of the bars along the harbour front and watch the sunset. Fantastic. Route we took was fly Athens, bus to Piraeas port and then ferry to Paros and taxi to Naussa.
You might also like Parga on the west of mainland Greece, a lively and very scenic little town with lots of good restaurants, narrow streets with shops to wander round, topped by a ruined castle. There is a beach in the town, but walk over the headland, past the castle (or get the water bus for 1 euro) and you have the huge sandy bay of Valtos. There are lots of places to visit if you hire a car, or go on coach trips.

Have a look at some of the pictures on this site, links near the bottom of this page.

http://www.parga.com/
Hi we've stayed on a lot of greek islands and we love Crete and Skiathos. We went Skiathos last year and going back on 1st July for 2 weeks. Its fab! We stay in skiathos town which has the harbour with all the restaurants & bars around, perfect for chilling, then more lively bars in the side streets. You can catch a bus from here to all the beaches on the island, we go to Koukanaries at the bottom. Beach is huge backed by pine trees and has watersports and beach tavernas, plus driving down you have views of each place on the island! From the harbour also can get little boats to the beaches and also to the other islands - which we recommend. All the islands are fab so I'm sure which ever you choose you will love! cheers
Sounds good to me janebabe myself and my partner are of to Koukanaris 1st 2 weeks of July :D
Is this your 1st visit toSkiathos? If it is you will love it. Staying at Koukanaries you will have that fantastic beach and can get the bus into Skiathos town in the evening if you want a bit more variety and nightlife. 8 weeks today - i can hardly wait!! :lol:
hi have any of you been to tsilivi ? iam thinking of going there next year with my partner and my daughter who'll be 15 months when we go iam wondering if this resort is suitable to take a young child i dont want to go to a ghost town but i also dont want it to be a 18-30 type of place any suggestions i just want a nice beach , and a few family friendly bars to go to in the night and i want my daughter to enjoy herself !!!! HELP ;)

ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN TO TSILIVI PLEASE REPLY !!
thanks
Jo1984 - Tsilivi is a great resort. What month are you thinking of going? We were there the start of September 4 years ago, and it was great. We re-visited the resort last week (for a day) and found it to be much busier.

The beach is nice and safe, and there are lots of good restaurants and it's very child friendly.

Another resort, which I think might be more suitable for you, would be Alykanas or Alykes (they are less than a 10 min walk apart). Georgous white sandy beach, with warm crystal clear water. Really good restaurants, and both resorts are relaxed, but not too quiet. Very suitable for families.
And where its hottest??

if thats one of your main criteria then Rhodos [rodes] and Krity [Crete] are the hottest islands in Greece

yasus
wizard
Kalamaki on Zakinthos Plenty of good restuarants and bars 1 night club' beach is fab hotels great and only a 7 euro ride from Laganas if that's your thing :) in the evening also plenty of trips from either hotels or shops on the main strip.
johnandfran
Hi jo1984
can recommend Argassi as well, it's a lovely family friendly resort with lots of lovely restaurants and tavernas. No 18-30's!! Can also recommend the Windmill studios. We went last year and are booked again for next May, can't wait! :cheers
Hello,

Naxos is a wonderful island, and there are not too many people (it's wild yet). It's in front of Paros, and there are wonderful long white-sanded beach.

I really recommend it to you.

Bye ! ;)
I went to Tsilivi in 2005 and thought the beach wasnt that nice, was in skiathos last year and Koukanaries was the best beach, but in my opinion nothing to rave about, not a patch on Cyprus beaches
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.