Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
which one
6 Posts
the location of both is fine,but i cannot comment on either.The Las erenas is situated in a good position for going up to arroyo or stay in Benal beach front,both have exellent bars etc.There are plenty of places to eat and drink on a night out.torremolinos Don Pablo has entertainment there?
other than that you can stroll down to the beach for a few bevvies,or go into town.we are in your 3 age groups ,give a year or 2 lol,we sit in pubs alongside 24 hr sq and our son stays there ,we then meet up to go home.
just stayed at the sol don marco and the hotel was great for quality accomodation and is right on the beach but the entertainment in the area around is not great there is a few irish bars and a couple of british style pubs but none of them was brilliant in fact the irish bars were pretty quiet .we went to benalmadena for a night out but from the don marco it's 15 euros each way in a taxi. went to the bonanza bar and they had a roy orbison tribute. he was pretty good but not everyones cup of tea. we also walked up to the carahuila end of the resort about 30 mins walk nearer to the port. saw a couple of acts there at mojito's and bailies bar we would have been better at that side of the resort as there's more entertainment and it's also quite near benamadena. but could not get booked in to the aloha peuorta in hindsight would have preferred the carahuila end for freedom of choice without too much of a walk entertainment in don pablo was pretty naff [jugglers ,western night ,mini circus etc] but probably good for kids
Hi,

Sorry to hijack your thread a little :D but I'm looking at taking my gran away for the week mid August, I'm 24 and she's 75...would Benalmadena be an alright choice? We both like lazing around the beach in the day, then a reasonable level of activity at night, busyish bars etc but not 18-30s style :?

Thanks in advance
the are plenty of places to sit and have a drink for all ages.i dont think 24 hr sq is the place for gran though lol.from the port up there are plenty of nice places and if gran cannot walk a 100 yrds or so jump on the bus to the next stop for a euro 5 cents. :wink:
I had a meal in Las Arenas and it is one of the best buffets I had in a hotel. It is a good situation, very clean, maybe a bit noisy in high season around there? Don't know what the rooms are like though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.