Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hello Jean, Carvoeiro is to small, Vilamoura is full of men playing golf, if I were you I would ether try Albufeira or Lagos although Lagos has a longer transfer time of up to 3 hours. Check out the resorts on the site below.

http://www.portugalvirtual.pt

Dave.
We went to Lagos for a fortnight with a 12 and 14 year old, admittedly it was during July.

They weren't bored at all, but I guess it depends on the kids themselves.

We had a car and travelled about a bit. Sand Sculptures, Slide and Splash, Cap St Vincent, tried a few different beaches, went to Albuferia for the day, went to 'Algarve Shopping' one day (weather a bit dodgy and looking for the new Harry Potter Book :oops: ), visited Silves. Had evening meals in Carvoeiro and Vale de Bispo for a change of scenery.

Most evenings though we ate out in Lagos, the place has a kind of buzz to it in July which is OK for youngish teens. Might not be so good for 18 or 19 year olds though.

Plenty of little shops to mosey around after you have eaten, which is good if the 15 year olds are girls. lol.

Have visited Vilamoura a couple of times whilst on previous trips to the Algarve, nice to wander around the Marina, but on balance I think you would be better in Lagos or Albuferia or even Carvoerio with two 15 year olds, although the later is small and parking at night is a nightmare if you want to get near the restaurants (still parking is not brill in Lagos in peak season).

HTH Doe :sun2
I would agree with doepsmc, although there is a lot to do in Lagos, I don't really think it will appeal to teens. Certainly not at night.
Thank you all for responding to my question. You have all been very helpful.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.