Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Well I am really surprised that no onhe has mentioned Parga on the mainland! It has everything you want... I and others have been going back for 20 years or more.. as was quoted to me before my first visit in 1982 "you will find other places in Greece as nice as Parga...but you won't find ANYWHERE NICER" take a look at http://www.parga.com for info
Kelvin. Already mentioned on page 1 but no response :D
I missed that one Gail...... perhaps I should take your advice from last year again and shut up about it and keep it to ourselves!!
Mr Parsons,

If you don't mind a bit of DIY, consider the Peloponese. A lively town with beaches in range is Navplion, definitely Greek, with some tourists, lively and interesting.

A smaller. equally Greek town with some really lovely nearby beaches, walks, historic sites and castles is Pylos. Pylos has an advantage in September - being further south the sunny season is longer. And being at the windward end, it's much less cloudy. You heard about Ayios Euphemia earlier - population is around 300, which is very quiet and small. Pylos is 3,000.

There's a lot more about both towns, the local area around Pylos and how to get there on my web site. For that area, if you're not DIY, also consider Kosmar as a tour operator.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.