Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
We will be there, fly out on Wednesday, last two days at work soo excited, soo you there
Hi All

Yes we will be there.
Flying out on the 10/12 see you all there cant wait realy

Geoff
Hi all,

Can you put down how many will be in each group then i can arrange the seating for us.

See you there Geoff.

Mike
We might be there. Hoping to make it but have my sister and hubbie with us so need to clear it with them. Hopefully see everyone there.
:) I shall be there on Sunday!!!
We are going to be there - 6 in total! Can't wait - getting sooooooo excited!
Hi Guys,

Just to update you we have about 16 people coming so far, keep it going.

Mike
:) No doubt we'll be there, we have at least a couple in there every night but don't book a chair, we'll find you - upstairs I presume if there's a lot. I have to wind down and have a vodka or 3 in my room before I venture out!!
Hi Candy64,

We will be downstairs, do you not automatically wind down as you get off the plain nad fall straight into chill mode. :glynis :lol: :lol:

Mike
:) No I've got a stressful job! Takes 2 or 3 days! and quite a bit of alcohol!! ha ha!
Well what a really bad turn out that was, Candy 64 came along for an hour because she was going to Ingo's, Tomitma made the effort even though she had to go to a christening, Lynne and Andy (Lashman) turned up but left because there was nobody else there and two ladies called Kath and Jean stayed and we chatted the night away.

Lets hope when we arrange the next one in March we get a group of people who will bother turning up even if it is just to say hello and have one drink.

Mike
Hi Mike
I wouldnt be to hard on HT members for not making the effort. Its easy to make plans before you arrive on holiday but situations overtake and sometimes even a hard day at the beach can tire you out and all you want to do is eat locally and chill on the balcony with a drink etc. A lot of people only go for a couple of weeks and there is so little time after getting over the initial jet lag that they dont have time.

I must admit that I enjoyed meeting with you all and thought your quiz night at annand bar was great thanks to all your effort and hard work. (Even if we did come last) haha. Though I was a bit Pee'd off after going to lazydayz one evening only to find Linb myself and OH sitting there for 2 and half hours chatting. (Linb was very good company I might add)I decided then that after 2 let downs 2 years running I wouldnt go to a lazydayz meeting again.

The meetups Mike arranged were good and everyone had a good old chinwag.

You should let everyone know about your quiz night Mike as we also took 4 people from our hotel and they loved it and the chicken and chips. (By the way they won that night)

Anyway Mike hope its not to hot for you out there its freezing cold here and the tan is starting to fade.

Kind regards

Ginlizzy

I wouldnt be to hard on HT members for not making the effort. Its easy to make plans before you arrive on holiday but situations overtake and sometimes even a hard day at the beach can tire you out and all you want to do is eat locally and chill on the balcony with a drink etc. A lot of people only go for a couple of weeks and there is so little time after getting over the initial jet lag that they dont have time.

I agee Ginlizzy. You will also have members who will have second thoughts about meeting people they have only spoken with on the internet. And,if anyone is like me on holiday I lose track of what day of the week is it :lol:
I think you were a bit harsh in your choice of words Mike but you probably posted just after the meet and were disappointed.

A reminder for all those thinking of going to meets

Please be aware that Holidaytruths holds no responsibility for any exchanges of personal information made between members whom you have met on this forum, and any arrangements made are at your own risk.

When arranging to meet or exchange information with someone you have chatted to on the forums, please remember that you are dealing with a complete stranger.

Don't exchange too many personal details online or by pm, including home address or phone number, and dont divulge your full name. Never go alone to the first few meetings and don't be tempted to divulge too many personal detail at anytime.

Please try and remember during the relaxed holiday atmosphere on the board , that you have been conversing with a total stranger, who could be telling you absolutely anything which may or may not be entirely truthful.
Hi mike have to agree with Gin Lizzy[ I am good company] Thanks Gin, seriously I always said I would not be at Teemas as there was so many meet up's during the same 2 week period, the quiz night was fun, please let us know when the next one is, Shermina was gutted at missing the chicken and chips, can you let us know the details of the take-away you used,

Cheers Lin
Hi all

I am not being hard on anybody, especially the ones who turned up even when they had to go somewhere afterwards, i just said it was a bad turn out, there were 16 people supposed to be there and only five arrived along with the two wondreful ladies who who turned up when they did not say they could definately make it and we chatted for hours.

Mike
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.