General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
On our way back to airport, on coach, we were told by the rep (First Choice) that in future, customers would be able to book the exact amount of days they wanted for a holiday......
Didn't really listen to much more as it was 03.30 am - but he seemed to think that this was a big deal.....

Denny
If you book independent (for example Travel Republic, or similar) you can have as many days as you like because you get priced separately for the flights and accomodation. Just type in the date you want to go and the date you want to return and see what comes up.
I think the answer may have something to do with the fact that the Dutch and Germans seem much more capable than the British of booking DIY if they need to. So the TOs have to match flexibilty if they want their business.
Have tried DIY by booking flights & accommodation seperately but it works out more expensive than booking 2 weeks + 1 week with TO.
Move to Holland or Germany would solve it....lol
Seriously....just go for the 2 weeks I suppose :0(
smurfitt wrote:
Thomson told us we could only extend it to 21 days
Have you tried playing around with different departure dates and durations on the Thomson website? I managed to get quotes for 19 days and 16 days for some holidays. Technically, getting 17/18 days should be no more difficult than finding a 10/11 day holiday, when you think about it, it all depends on the "changeover days" for a destination.
Try going onto the thomsons website and selecting hotel only, - you can book for as many days as you like (subject to availability). When you click on continue, it will ask if you want to book a flight. If they have flights returning on the day you want it will tell you, if not then vary the amount of days you want to stay for. Thomsons fly to most popular destinations 2 or 3 times a week, so you should get close to what you want.
If not then book a one way flight with thomsons and someone like easyjet for your return.
If you've got time you can get just about anything you want.
Hope this helps,
Mick.
thanks for that but I've tried and it still works out more expensive. guess I will have to resign myself to the fact that 2 weeks is my limit.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.