General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
It depends on when you are going. If it's this summer then I doubt you'd get anything back as it's so close.
...... and it will depend also on why she's not going and if this is covered by your insurance. If it's simply because she doesn't want to come, I think you are unlikely to get any sort of refund. However you might be able to substitute someone else for her place and just pay a 'name change' fee if someone else were willing to come instead of her ............
Thanks

Looks like I will be taking someone else in her place as she just does not want to come with us anymore :duh
Looking for a bit of advice regarding otbeach. We went on a family holiday to lanzarote in april having booked with the web site otbeach and flying with jet2, our return flight was cancelled by jet2 because of volcanic ash so we filled in a form at the airport requesting a refund for the cost for our return flight. After around 6weeks i atlast got a responce from jet2 informing me that they had refunded my money to the card that was used to pay, that been otbeach. The refund was for £347 and i was told to request a refund from otbeach, This is where the nightmare begins :( after many calls to otbeach on their 10p per minute phone line, i am still no nearer geting my refund, they simply keep telling they are waiting for a reply from their accounts dept. As this as gone on for over two months i am now getting very pi******off and wondering if anyone has had the same problem with this so called company or if anyone has any advice on how to get my refund. Thanks
Don't waste your time or money telephoning them. Send them a letter. It should not be a novel to rival War & Peace but simply a request for repayment of the monies due to you. You should state that you have been advised by Jet2 that the money has been refunded to them. Send it by recorded delivery - you will be able to track it online and confirm they have received it - Advise them that should this money not be refunded within 14 days of receipt then you reserve the right to take legal action to recover the money together with interest and any costs incurred.

The letter should be addressed to The Company Secretary.

fwh
Thanks for the advice. Since my last post i have telephoned otbeach again asking them for my refund. At first they told me told that they could find no trace of the refund in their account, i told them that i was told they received it on the 18th of april, the lady on the telephone says if i hold the line she will get in touch with jet2 while i wait to confirm what they had told me, after around a half hour waiting on the phone, the ten p per miniute one, she comes back to me and says she can confirm everything i had told her and that she could see no reason why they cant send my money and that she will personaly chase them up on my behalf :tup .The next morning i get an email from them saying that they can confirm what jet2 have told them but the money has not yet appeared in there account so they cant refund me yet, :( they say i should get in touch in early july when they reckon the refund will be showing in their bank :duh I find it hard to believe it takes over two months for money to be transfered beetween banks and suspect they just dont want to pay up or are trying to hold onto it for along as possible, think how much interest they would make if they do this with everyone they owe money too. I will give them till early july and then follow your advise if still no joy. Thanks
try going to trading standards/cab.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.