Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
I flew to El Paso a few years ago. From Belfast I hopped on 5 different planes to get me down to El Paso. Never seen my bag from the time I left Belfast. Got to El Paso about 20 hours later and "hey presto", my bag was on the turnstile. Lovly Jubly. Dont worry it will be fine ;)

Colin Northern Ireland
The important thing is to share your clothes out between cases, so that if one is lost, you all still have some clothes.
Yes, the process described to you regarding bag transfer at Heathrow is correct! On the other hand Heathrow has the worst record for missing, or seriously delayed baggage especially BA flights!! Previous advice to spread clothes across all cases is sound.
When you check in your luggage check the tag that they put on it and that it has the airport code for Miami on.
Thanks for your replies. I do always share our clothes between cases. I even match colours up so if only one case arrives everything is co-ordinated! I will definately check that the Miami label is on. Fingers crossed!
Hi Jax,

I don't want to put a damper on things, however we have some freinds who flew from Manchester via Heathrow to Brazil with BA, last year and there baggage went missing for 4 days in Brazil. :cry When traveling back they joked with the check in clerk about there baggage going AWOL again on the return journey and you've guessed it, only three days this time!! :que

However on the up side we travelled from Manchester to Venice via Munich and on the way back via Frankfurt and our baggage was there when we went to collect it. :)

I think that our friends just had extreamly bad luck and it maybe down to who you fly with, I think BA will have sorted there initial teething problems by now.

Hope this dosn't put you off and you enjoy your holiday.

Regards

Ezzigo
Thanks Ezzigo,
I found out yesterday that both our flights are BA and we don`t have to change terminals as we will be arriving from manchester to terminal 5 and flying out to Miami from there. I hope this means there is less chance of it going astray but it is terminal 5!
jax wrote:
Thanks Ezzigo,
I found out yesterday that both our flights are BA and we don`t have to change terminals as we will be arriving from manchester to terminal 5 and flying out to Miami from there. I hope this means there is less chance of it going astray but it is terminal 5!

In theory you would assume that to be the case (no pun intended)!!

We have only had one experience with BA Transatlantic. It was a year ago and we had booked KLM flights from Glasgow, via Schipol Amsterdam, to JFK New York. In the event Amsterdam was closed due to bad weather, and KLM transferred us to BA and we flew, via Heathrow on to JFK. We were in dread about where our luggage could end up, and we were boarding the QM2 the following day and on to the Caribbean. The other problem was that there was only to be an hour and three quarters between landing at Heathrow, and then taking off on another plane to JFK. On enquiring the desk lady at Glasgow kindly assured me that they only needed at most an hour and a half to ensure luggage transfer from one plane to the other!! Fingers and toes were crossed, I can assure you.

When we arrived at JFK we waited anxiously for our luggage, and it was all safely there on the carousel...relief all round, I can tell you.

Trust your own experience has a similar happy ending!!
Thanks Hamrag, I read your Noordam review with interest. Our cruise is on the Maasdam. I`m very impressed with Holland America so far. We have just had a call from our TA asking us to call in for £120 refund we had paid for fuel supplement which they have now withdrawn.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.