Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Maybe this has not caught on in Goa yet? as no one has replied :( I went to Cambodia in summer and they seemed to have it in most places, we saw lots of people by the pool , in bars etc on thier laptops. If a country with an infrastructure such as Cambodia has it I cannot see that Goa doesn't , anyone know :que
Shirley. Thanks for your comments. We have never really paid attention and always used the internet cafes, but I had to get a netbook for work, and wondered if it was worth taking it out with us. It seems it would not be worth it, and I may as well leave it at home. Perhaps this will be the next thing in Goa.
hi i am using wireless internet on my laptop in goa it by usb modem which you plug in side of computer i ha a guy come to my apartment but i think theres a place in calengute nearly opposite red lion it is by tata indicom the network. hope this helps sue
Thanks Sue. I will check this out for next time, but that sounds great.
Thinking of taking my laptop with me next year.
Does anyone know if i will be able to get a short term wireless deal ?

GM06
Ian
I bought a dongle type thing last year, but it was dial up and was dead slow. Also it kept breaking down and I had to go back to the shop, so gave up on it. I tried to purchase a Tata type dongle which is supposed to be much faster, but they wanted so much paperwork that I gave up on that. I intend to use internet cafes once again this year. Maybe they will get their act together sometime.
For the last 4 or five years i have had an Airtel sim card which i used with my laptop and dongle ,but was slow at peak times,but at least it worked from home.I switched to Tata last year and found it a lot better ,again using a mobile sim and dongle,for better reception depending where your situated you can get a extension areal for your dongle and that really improves the reception.
Many internet cafes let you take your laptop in there and connect up to there broadband.
there are some wireless hot spots around i have been told,but never tried them. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.