DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
By the time your flight takes off, it will probably rise to around £200 more than the original price.
That's a great price for that time of the year, well done.

Robby :wink:
we booked to ibiza with jet 2 in the first week of release,the prices were going up evey day,we got approx £100 return in june,but the exact same flight is now £200 we booked in august,and i would have got them cheaper if i had been quicker, my advice is book early.
I agree - I normally book early too - though not with the budget airlines but charters to greece, turkey etc.. And have found that the early booking prices are usually as good as they get (12 - 18 months in advance) - unless they are having real difficulties in shifting seats (but thats a gamble).

However, I have noticed that prices for some XL flights for next year have recently reduced, after being quite high over the last few months, and despite the increased fuel surcharges. I was wondering if this is a usual pre Xmas routine with this, or indeed all airlines, that I hadn't noticed before ?
If you use the promotion code CALIS, some of their prices are actually a fraction lower than the early booking prices I was getting in Sept. (I've been looking at prices for Turkey for Oct. 2006). Worth checking if you are thinking of booking for next year. :roll:
I agree......book early!!!! I booked with Globespan last year as soon as summer bookings opened and got 2 flights Glasgow to Faro for 2 weeks this September for about £140 in total. Did the same this year but knowing the bookings were opening 30th Aug, went on to their website the night before, was able to book the same as this year for £143. If I had left to the day they opened, the flights had already gone up by about £20 each!!!!! Looked today and the same dates are now asking for £219!!!
If you know where and when you want to go, do it asap.
Pat :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.