General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Home this year Fi. But going to rome in between christmas and new year :)

lyn
West Sussex once again for me, does that count as home or away? I guess it's away as we have to drive through a couple of countries and cross the channel to get there.
I remember about 12 years ago spending New Year in Bangkok with a temp. of around 30°, I think it beats Worthing, though I'm not in a hurry to go back to Bangkok at the moment. It seemed very strange a couple of weeks ago in BKK with all the christmas lights and decorations and Carols being played in the shopping malls with an outside temperature of 33°.
Last year we were in Benidorm for Xmas and home for New Year. This year we are going to be home for Xmas, driving down to Glasgow on Boxing Day and flying out to Bendorm next day for New Year.

luci :wave
Spent last xmas in Lanzarote this year at home but will be back abroad next year for sure. Cant beat xmas away. :sun2
I've never been away over Christmas :( .... the nearest we got was flying to Cyprus on Boxing Day in 1999 for the Millennium. We quite often do a city break in Europe though to see in the New Year.

This year we are at home for Christmas and the New Year but are going to Fehtiye, Turkey next Saturday for 4 nights to see if the villa we bought in the summer is finished. We land back at Heathrow on Christmas Eve after all the shops have closed. Beginning to think that was poor planning :rofl
we have recently come back from madeira and the xmas lights there were wonderful, last year we spent new year in tunisia and previous years turkey, this year we are staying at home for a change, cant complain have been abroad 6 times this year, dont think we will be able to afford that next year sadly :cry
We'll be at home for Christmas and then we fly out to La Palma on the 29th. Never been away over New Year before so looking forward to it!
We are off to Malta for Xmas and New Year and will be spending a fair bit time with hubbys family while we are there.
Judith wrote:
I remember about 12 years ago spending New Year in Bangkok with a temp. of around 30°, I think it beats Worthing
You're not wrong there, it's freezing here in Worthing at the moment! ;)

I'd love to go somewhere hot for Christmas. I'll be working throughout Christmas and New Year. Never mind, lots of extra pennies!
Away skiing in France in a fully catered chalet with another family. I skied last time 32 years ago. for my wife and kids first time.

A white christmas.

Downside my back has gone touch and go wether i will last a day on the slopes.

Happy Christams everyone.

Stewart
Christmas at home (well, my parents) and then Spain for the new year to be with my boyfriend.
Christmas at home but in the caravan New Years Eve, would love to go away on NYEs though.
England Scotland and Wales over the course of 10 days - none of it at home.

Once daughter is older we'll be going on trips to the sun. After spending Christmas in India, Egypt and Madeira I really miss a sunshine break in midwinter. I'd rather do that than spend a fortune going away in the summer.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.