Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hiya

I know the one at Heathrow has been around for at least a year or so I remember looking at it online last year before I flew out to Goa at xmas. Ive not stayed in them but I would but only if I was going to be in the airport for a few hours or so. Say arrive there a 9pm and the flight is at 5am any longer than that and I think they would be a clostrophobic and over priced but for a few hours great!!..

If you do stay at one let us know what it was like. :)
My darling hubby can stay at one by himself to me it would be like a night in a coffin :rofl in saying that in july we got back from Egypt at 11.30 at night and our flight was not to 8am next morning we had to get a hotel for the night at that time ..a few hours in the Yotel would have done the trick ....
Hi Irishcolleen, I think they are ideal for those flying with Monarch.....good practice for being cramped on the plane :rofl

Seriously though for a few hours if you have a longish journey before an onward flight they are a good idea got to be better than hanging around the airport especially if its the middle of night.
The Premier Inn seems like a better bet, especially at only £29 per night in November !
It is a bit cramped and basic but fills the bill if all you want is a space to crash out for a couple of hours and take a shower etc. Friends regularly use it when arriving at Gatwick off an overnight flight from Cuba to have a few hours sleep and then freshen up before getting an afternoon flight back up to Edinburgh - you always need to give yourself a 'buffer' between arrival and departure times with Cubana!

I'm serously looking at using the Heathrow one next year because I'll probably be travelling down from Scotland on the overnight sleeper train for a longhaul flight that goes in the late afternoon. I get too anxious about delays etc to fly down the same morning and the Yotel wil be ideal to use for a shower and a nap after arriving at Euston at 7am and getting out to Heathrow. Small, yes but far better than hanging around for all that time in the terminal lounges!

Something like a Premier Inn is cheaper and better value if you want a room for hours that fits in with standard check-in times eg for an overnight stay but the beauty of the Yotel is that you can book in for just a few hours at any time of day. Premier Inns and the like are generally not keen on letting you arrive at eg 10am and stay until 4pm for the price of a single night - they treat that as a two night stay even though you aren't actually staying overnight at all!

SM
I think it's a great idea. I often have long lay overs, 6 hours on Ho Chi Minh airport comes to mind and would loved to have had the opportunity to crash in a Yotel for a few of those hours.

Judith
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.