Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Your best deals?
19 Posts
My best ever holiday deal was to the Conrad, Sharm, last year.

Booked in May 2004, over a year before travelling, and paid about £550 per adult for 14 nights A/I in the high season.

This was with http://www.eclipsedirect.co.uk

Pippy :D
Thats a quick reply :shock: where did you go /stay?
The Conrad, Sharm! :wink:
I recently booked to go in April and felt I got a good deal with Portland Direct 300pounds per adult for a week B&B in a five*. Can't comment on the hotel as I haven't been yet. I checked alot of prices and Portland seemed to be one of the best for my dates.
we are flying with Excel - 2 adults and 1 child for May half term with flights coming in at 902

Used Medhotels.com to get hotel and got a free child place and half prce room offer of £20 each for all inclusive so £352 for accomodation.

Then went to Kwik Travel to get transfers.

So 1 week all inclusive for 3 of us at May half term £1198.

We are staying at the New 3 corners Hotel St Georges and cannot wait.

Amanda
My wife and I booked (back in May 2005) to go to Egypt with FC in September 2006 for our 25th wedding anniversary.

1 week all inclusive 4* Nile cruise on the MS Orchid with upgraded accomodation to a presidential suite followed by a 1 weeks stay in the 5* Sofitel hotel in Luxor full board and we also have excellent flight times.

By shopping around different travel agents (including online) we managed to get the same First Choice holiday price reduced from £1755 to £1395, we eventually booked with Travel Choice (FC shop) who matched the best price thus saving £360

Graham 8)
booked about 4 weeks ago with portland 2 weeks b & b in crowne plaza (fab hotel) sharm el sheik in April £400 pp from birmingham a saving on 2005 prices of £200 pp - paid £600 pp last april for same hotel/time, thought prices would have gone up!!!!!

doepsmc - i wont be the one in the thong!!!!! on a diet too :glynis see you
If you wait you may get a good deal depending on where you are flying from.We flew from Gatwick to Sharm last November but if we could have gone 4 days later from Manchester the web price(which FC give you anyway)was £697 for 2 weeks AI for 2 people at the Conrad hotel which is excellent.Med Hotels had the 3 corners St george recently for £124 per week AI plus flights.There are about 50 hotels under construction at the moment and as they are finished there will be good deals about.If you need set dates it may be more difficult.The prices used to be always cheaper going from the southern airports but Manchester prices take some beating.Have a look on First Choice/Eclipse website to get an idea of the September prices.
we booked with First Choice shop got prices of approx £630 pp AI off eclipse web site and the shop matched the prices this is for sonesta hotel Taba thought it was a good price as its in the school hols, we saved a total of £800 :P
Elaine your deal sounds like it was even better than mine. Wish I could have gone for 2 weeks, looks like you only paid £100 more per person for 2 weeks to my 1 week.
Must admit I dont know how some of the companys do it 4 flights to Sharm cost £200 more than I have paid for the flights, hotel and transfers (although I might get a cab anyway). They must bulk buy the rooms. :D
Portland Direct, their prices seem quite a bit cheaper. Ive booked with them to go to The Sheraton in El Gouna at the end of March and its costing £320 each....bargain!!! :D
Yep best deal i found was portland direct £1500 for 4 adults and a child staying at the cleopatra on B&B basis, but we did book nearly 5 months ago.
we are going feb 1/2 term all inc hilton sharks bay booked independantly total cost 2 adults and 1 child £1240 ! fairly local airport too :D
Have just found this deal:
3 corners hotel taba / a.i/ £661 for 2 adults in sept.1 week
That's £100 more than I paid for two weeks in July/August, doesn't seem like a great deal :?
:roll: :roll: Sorry, didn't see it was for 2 adults :oops:
I booked one week for two adults at the taba heights hyatt regency in august for £379 pp.

That was ezy travel through a teletext ad - operated by Longwood.
yep doepsmc i agree they must bulk buy hotel rooms. my holiday is still available web price £360 plus a few add on's flight meals etc would round up to £400 pp approx. i think i still had the best deal for 2 weeks :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.