Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Yeah i really would do that. Having read Sanji's post, i have to admit that my views are pretty much the same as hers. The coffee served in most British style places in Beni is awful, but the Coffee in most of the Spanish Cafe's that i use...including Vina Del Mar which Sanji mentions is very good, and to my taste, and i like patronising them because its not what i can get when back home. However just because thats our opinion it does not mean that we are right!! It may well be that your idea would work. As you say, do a good deal of research whilst out there, come away and maybe research some more, take your time over it, as they say "Act in Haste - Repent at leisure"...Benidorms not going anywhere, so do all the homework you need. But as i mentioned previously, these are very difficult times at the moment, and next year might be even worse, so timing is perhaps an issue too. Mind you i'm about a million short of being a millionaire...so what do i know!!! :rofl Maybe if i took the bull by the horns a bit more id be out in Beni retired by now, drinking one of your coffee's! Wish you luck whatever you try mate!

Best Regards - Taggy
Hi Dave

Its Andrea DGUTTE's wife here.

Right everyone, I live over here and till recently worked in a restaurant on the yellow brick road and we got lots of people coming in just for Coffee with crumpets, toasted teacakes etc etc are you getting my drift. It is definately something that will work in the right area of Benidorm for both the Brits and the Spanish, if you have a very good machine and a great range of Coffee and Tea as well as food and pastries then it will work.

Dave is not wanting to charge the earth and knows what he is talking about. For anyone who has ever been to Gibraltar I worked in one of the most successfull coffee shop chains in the whole of southern Spain, no not Safeway (as it was back then, although I did work there aswell) but SACARELLOS in Irish Town you cant miss it, it has been run by the same family for alot of years, (they also supply southern Spain with all their ground coffee) they also served a small menu of snacks in the shop as well as fresh pastries breads etc and the mixture of clients was definately a 50/50 mix. It will also work if staff can speak Spanish.

Dave ignore the sceptics, you go for it mate, just remember that David and I will help with information as much as you want.

It goes without saying GOOD LUCK see you soon for that drink, suppose it will be coffee te he !!!!

Andrea DGUTTE's old boiler
Andrea, which one was it? We may have been there several times just for coffee and crumpets.
Cheers for that Andrea, hopefully see you and Dave next week for a drink.
It's difficult to get the right mix.Even some so called Spanish bars start off trying to be something different but then end up offering meal deals etc.I always have a cafe bonbon carijillo but i don't drink that much coffee in Spain like I used to.I suppose you have to weigh up where you want to be even Spanish can be funny.I know my Spanish friends take you to a restaurant bars etc claim that it is the best then 2 months later they've gone off it and it's not the place to be seen in.Also check out what percentage of Brits are still going to Benidorm.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.