America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
I think that is a good price.

I costed up with Travel City Direct and got it to £3776
What sort of accomodation do you need?

Have you tried a State Park? Very Cheap, but usually a bit further away from the tourist area.
http://www.floridastateparks.org/bluespring/default.cfm
See $95.00 (Dollars not pounds) per night up to 8/10 people!
It would appear from their post a villa. I think your suggestion is a camp site/cabin?
Traveller - That's what they booked not neccessarily what they need! They may not have even considered the cabins in State Parks. That's the whole idea of this site is to suggest money saving ways or good ideas for holidays? It was just a suggestion - they may just want a roof as they will spend most of their time out and about at the parks etc.
FH Brit wrote:
What sort of accomodation do you need?

Have you tried a State Park? Very Cheap, but usually a bit further away from the tourist area.
http://www.floridastateparks.org/bluespring/default.cfm
See $95.00 (Dollars not pounds) per night up to 8/10 people!

Thnaks for the suggestion but that is more than we are paying at the moment.
Ells - Are you saying £640.00 for TWO weeks?

Wow thats great, my friend from Hertfordshire visited last month and paid £500.00 per week for their villa!
Your car hire sounds cheap for two weeks, check you have got all the insurances included and the size of the car, a standard compact car will not be big enough for 2 adults/ 2 kids and luggage. I always get a full size car, it has just enough room for 1 suitcase each and 1 piece of hand luggae each in the boot.

depends how you use it I suppose, if you are only making 1 short drive to your accomodation from the airport you might be okay with an intermediate size car, we stayed in Tampa, Ft Myers, Ft lauderdale and Orlando, & wracked up 1000 miles - dont want to do that with everyone holding their luggage on their knees.

Your prices sound pretty good, my flights were probably dearer as we went mid August, In total, we paid £2800, this included,flights, 1st 3 nights accomodation in Tampa and full size car hire ( with all insurances)

In case you're wondering about fuel prices, 995 miles in a 2009 2.4l Honda Accord Auto cost us $102 (£63 at todays exchange rate). This included returning the car with a full tank to Hertz.

Regarding Villa, we got an outstanding 4 bed with pool in Kissimmee for £330 for 7 days, we booked directly with the (UK based) owner and I can thouroughly recomend them to anybody.
FH Brit wrote:

Wow thats great, my friend from Hertfordshire visited last month and paid £500.00 per week for their villa!

Yeah £640 for two weeks from the owners direct website.
PMSYORKS wrote:
Your car hire sounds cheap for two weeks, check you have got all the insurances included and the size of the car, a standard compact car will not be big enough for 2 adults/ 2 kids and luggage. I always get a full size car, it has just enough room for 1 suitcase each and 1 piece of hand luggae each in the boot.

depends how you use it I suppose, if you are only making 1 short drive to your accomodation from the airport you might be okay with an intermediate size car, we stayed in Tampa, Ft Myers, Ft lauderdale and Orlando, & wracked up 1000 miles - dont want to do that with everyone holding their luggage on their knees.

Your prices sound pretty good, my flights were probably dearer as we went mid August, In total, we paid £2800, this included,flights, 1st 3 nights accomodation in Tampa and full size car hire ( with all insurances)

In case you're wondering about fuel prices, 995 miles in a 2009 2.4l Honda Accord Auto cost us $102 (£63 at todays exchange rate). This included returning the car with a full tank to Hertz.

Regarding Villa, we got an outstanding 4 bed with pool in Kissimmee for £330 for 7 days, we booked directly with the (UK based) owner and I can thouroughly recomend them to anybody.

Thanks for the info, will look ino the car

Cheers
EllsBells wrote:
FH Brit wrote:

Yeah £640 for two weeks from the owners direct website.

Are you able to share the name of the website?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.