Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Zante May
5 Posts
Hi Pondskater,

Went to Zante at this time a couple of years ago. The weather can still be a bit unreliable. Although it can be very hot during the day I would take a cardi/jumper or two for the evenings. It can also be cool during the day if it rains. I had to buy some trousers because I had taken only shorts/cotton skirts.
Have a great time.

Yiamass, Jean
Stayed on Zakynthos once during early June. It was quite hot during the day, but a couple of cooler nights where we were glad the hotel had an inside bar.
Have been other places with only a pool bar, which could be quite "airy" at night at that time of year.
Hi Pondskater.... :wave:

We did the 10th to the 24th a couple of years back in 2004.
Just missed a big storm two days earlier and the sea was well up on all the beaches on the first couple of days as the storm surge was still in the Mediterranean.

Found it much cooler in the evenings than in early June when i had previously visited the island for a holiday. Sitting around the restaurants, tavernas and bars was OK but, i anticipated the walks back to our apartments and i had light summer jackets as i don't drink enough to get a free beer coat... :D

I think you have to make a personal choice on whether you take a cardi / jacket or not and base your choice on would it spoil your evenings out if you felt a chill and needed one.

You can check the weather history going back a few years at Wunderground
28/05/2007
That's a link to the daily weather and if you "click" the weekly tab you see an average and also at the bottom of the page the daily reports.

Paul.... ;)
Hi, I we stayed in Zante in May on two occasions both being in the middle 16th to 23rd. We had a heat wave both years we were there where temperatures were in the high 80s to the 90s and we didn't need jackets or cardigans in the evenings. I guess we were just extremely lucky.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.