Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Most hotels have scuba trial sessions in the hotel pool, where the dive company can give you a trial and advertise at the same time. You may find that you can dive from Tsilivi beach, but I know for sure that you can dive from St Nicolas beach, most resorts run buses to the Vassilikos coast where St Nics is. The main dive school is there.

Sarah
Here is a link for a map of Tsiliv

http://www.freewebs.com/xmetal88/tsilivi.jpg

We depart this Sunday for two weeks. This is our second holiday to Tsilivi and it's a lovely resort. Something for everyone. Lively if you want, or quiet if you prefer. The people are so very friendly.

Hope you enjoy!

Kathy
Great! thanks both of you thats quite a help.

Enjoy your hols and if I think of anything else to ask I will sure ask! :D

Thanks!
Lazyingbythepool,
When do you go to Tsilivi?
We go on August 30th, so excited!
Becki
xx
Hi Lbtp
There's a few places to dive. I believe Eurodivers have moved from Laganas to Tsilivi beach so there's one right on your doorstep.
I always take a trip down to St Nicholas beach to the dive centre down there. In fact it was with the people at St Nicks that I did my Padi O/W course last year.

Just google St Nicks Diving and it's the first hit.

It might be a good idea to hire a bike or maybe a car and getting out to some of the dive sites at the north end of the island.
We're flying out there on Thursday 2nd Aug. Going to be sorting me some dives out when we get there. 8)
I went to Tsilivi last year for a week and i really loved it! It's a quiet area, thought there are many restaurants and nice places to go... Also the best thing there is the beach which is amazingly beautiful! I dont really like swimming in the sea, prefer the pool, but it was really wonderful! The water was very clean and it wasn't so... salty as in other beaches :D
Oh and the weather in Tsilivi is much less hot than in other areas in Zakynthos! you will definately love it im sure! 8)
Great!!! I was worried that I might not get any dives in! I like to do at least a couple just to not become too rusty! :D Just got to get my boyfriend to learn now and then he will have the bug too! I have had my advance for a few years but only dive when on hols (ugh, would not go in the UK!) so I always lack confidence until I get my nemo skills back! so like to use a company that somebody else has used/recommended. :D

We are going on the 2nd Sept for two weeks Becki. Only booked it last week so availability both with flights and accommodation was a bit on the unavailable side as I would have been keen for one of the beach front hotels but we can only get our two weeks off due to shifts etc either side of hols and being back in work we had to fly on either the sat lunchtime till sun lunchtime all we wanted was breakfast and a clean place to sleep at!

I am getting excited now and this is the best bit by buying all the things needed and changing money etc and spying on the other topics to find out from the rest of you the best things to see and do and eat! :D

Thanks all.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.