124 independent reviews of the Son Baulo Hotel
Son Baulo Hotel Location
Ranked #8 of 20 hotels in Can Picafort

Son Baulo Hotel Son Baulo Hotel is rated 3.97 out of 5 from 124 Reviews

Son Baulo Hotel Reviews

"It couldn't have been better"
Dennis had a holiday at Son Baulo Hotel, Can Picafort in May 2013
2 readers found this review helpful

We spent 4 nights at this hotel and it couldn't have been a better experience. After a nightmare week on the Island escape cruise, we arrived at the hotel feeling depressed and hoping for the best. Well it turned out to be great. The atmosphere in the hotel is wonderful. The location is perfect. Top class service from all the staff, really enjoyed the holiday despite the poor weather we had.

Bar/Restaurant staff work very hard and rooms were always cleaned well, the whole hotel was spotless. We had a superior sea front room, which was clean and well furnished. Children enjoyed the pool, too cold for me. There were ample "free" sunbeds. Resort itself is very clean, beach nice, always tidy. We all enjoyed the "TingTing"¯ train. Entertainment was good (parrot show a bit too late for children).

The hotel food ...
was well prepared and well presented and the ample menu varied. The hotel serves nice inexpensive lunches, which you could enjoy on the seafront terrace. Great street market on a Friday. This is a great family and couples hotel and we will definitely be back.

"Perfect"
John T. visited the Son Baulo Hotel in May 2013
I had my wedding here and had about 50 of my closest friends and family and lots of them stayed in the hotel. This was our third visit to the hotel. From our first visit we knew that the hotel was the perfect one for our wedding, and we certainly weren't disappointed in any way.

Just wanted to send a message in to simply say Thank You. There are no words to express how wonderful our day was, and it was all down to the care and attention to detail of the staff of the hotel. The Terrace looked absolutely stunning everything was exactly as I had wanted it to be and everyone commented on how classy it all looked. It all came together so beautifully and we still talk about it all on a regular basis. Everybody was so ...
well looked after, our guests are still raving about the day! From the moment we arrived until the time we went everything was perfect.

When I checked in I was pleased to see the hotel has updated (brightened up) the hallway which was previously very dark. I found the hotel to be very clean and tidy and very happy with the spacious Suite. We had plenty of hot water every day plus very effective air-conditioning from 12 noon until 5 am. The room was always immaculate, the bed was always nicely made and were comfortable. The whole place was spotless.

The hotel location is excellent, the sun terrace leading right down onto the sandy beach, and at the southern end of a superb wide promenade which leads for a couple of kilometers past the marina into C'an Picafort resort itself. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful without exemption, particularly the reception staff (check-in took 2 minutes) and waiters, no job was too much trouble as long as the guests were happy!!

The evening entertainment was the best I have seen in a hotel, Suzanne, the entertainment manager, is fantastic at her job & keeps everything upbeat with the kids disco & bingo every night. Great acts too - George Pena was a definite highlight, along with Karibu.

The pool bar service is great & there are plenty of sun beds around. Food was good, fresh and plentiful with a wide choice each day, there was literally something for everyone and I am the pickiest eater on the planet. For early departures, there is a continental breakfast available from 4 am.

Bar prices are on a par with most hotels. We tended to favour a nice little bar Puput, literally just across the road- Excellent value! There are a few other bars and supermarkets close by as well as a bus-stop about 50 meters away from where you can access the whole island, and a mini-train which circles the resort. There's also a nice reservation near by where you can see a lot of wildlife.

Three months on and I still can't stop talking about our wedding day we. The Staff of Son Baulo love their jobs and you can see it in how much they want all guests and the Bride and Groom to enjoy themselves. Once again massive thanks and I will be recommending you to everyone.

Recommended: No

"Location"
Tom had a holiday at Son Baulo Hotel, Can Picafort, Spain in May 2013
I attended the wedding of Lindsey and John on May last. This was my first - but not my last - stay at the Son Baulo. I just wanted to write and let you know that I found the staff, food, cleanliness etc. exceptionally good. From the moment we entered, we were greeted with smiles and very good customer service.

The location can't be beat, one step away from the beach, and it is a great base to enjoy Mallorca, as it is so well connected to the main sites. The hotel is just fantastic in my opinion. The staff is super professional, very accommodating and will do the best to help you with whatever you might need (trust me! I experienced this first hand).

The decor and ambience all around the hotel was just what I look for in a beach ...
hotel. Rooms are very large, airy, comfortable and quite quiet, except for other guests who can't close a door without letting it slam-m-m, comfy beds, very clean, and large bathroom . The food was hot, plentiful and a great many choices available each day. Nice to have a spanish dish some nights. Food from the grill was especially good. The kids club was great and I felt confident leaving my 2 children there.

The evening entertainment had kids mini disco for half hour, followed by bingo, and then the nights entertainment. The Sundaes were particularly brilliant along with the Motown but every night was enjoyable. Pool bar served great food & reasonably priced. We enjoyed as well a couple of meals n Bar Puput, opposite the hotel.

If location, cleanliness, comfort, and convenience is important to you, don't ignore this hotel. We loved it and look forward to staying there again next time.

"A very good 3 star"
Wolfgang visited the Son Baulo Hotel, Can Picafort in September 2012
2 readers found this review helpful

Stayed at Son Baulo for ten nights with family and friends. We booked on the strength of some very good reviews and also a friend who had stayed there. I can honestly say I cannot fault anything the food was very good plenty to choose from and the hotel was very clean in general and the rooms were spotless. I asked for a spare pillow and extra coat hangers and within half an hour they had been left in our room. The Son Baulo is a very good 3 star we have stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels in the past and this hotel would give last year’s 4 star a run for its money. There are always some people that will have a moan but to anyone thinking of booking this hotel don’t be put off. Some of ...
the entertainment is very good in the evening, there are some very good bars just outside of hotel as well. The girls that run the kids club do an excellent job and its very well run my 7 year old loved it.

John had a holiday at Son Baulo Hotel, Can Picafort, Spain in June 2012
2 readers found this review helpful

I have just come back from a 2 weeks stay here. I have to say this is one of the best places I've stayed.

The hotel is in a great location, right on the beach. Rooms are adequate, very clean and tidy.

The hotel staff couldn’t do enough for us. We were on a half board basis; there is a truly huge choice of quality food, both for breakfast and dinner.

"Definitely going back"
Amy stayed at Son Baulo Hotel, Can Picafort in June 2012
2 readers found this review helpful

The location was absolutely brilliant, right on beach and about 15 minute easy walk to Can Picafort.
The staff are really friendly and will do anything to help you.
This hotel has UK, Italian, German, Scandinavian and Spanish clients so there is a great range of meals to suit almost anyone.

There is a daily programme of activities for kids. We didn't use the kids club but the staff seemed very friendly and did lots of different activities with the children There's also entertainment every night- Abba tributes, to circus skills and traditional flamenco dancers and a Latin dance evening.

There is plenty of food to choose from at breakfast, lunch and dinner and the quality of the food was very good. If you have a pushchair you have to leave it outside the restaurant, but I was pleasantly surprised ...
to see plastic plates, bowls, cups and cutlery for kids, this was very handy. The staff were very efficient in making sure the restaurant was kept tidy, always clearing your finished plates away and swiping up any food dropped on the floor. The hygiene standards were very high and could be seen every day in the buffet as a member of the checking temperatures and cleaning. I personally thought the food was great, lots of choice, something different every day.

The pool bar had a good choice of food at lunch time as well. It served drinks and food from 10am. We thought there was a lot of choice for a snack, pizzas, salads, sandwiches, burgers, hot-dogs, nuggets, and ice-cream. Main bar also serves lunch. You can have lunch on the terrace, literally on the beach.

The rooms are a good size, and the maids kept the rooms spotlessly clean. The grounds of the hotel were also well kept.
In summary the staff are excellent, there is lots to do on site and great food and entertainment, what else do you need. I shall definitely be going back.
We hired a car and headed to Palma Nova for Marineland, brilliant well worth a visit.

"Very clean, with homely environment and very good food."
Moira Jones visited the Son Baulo Hotel, Can Picafort in June 2012
3 readers found this review helpful

It is clean, pleasant with homely environment and very good food.

We are two adults and a 7 year old son and we were lucky to have picked up this excellently cared for hotel. We arrived and checked in very quickly, the ladies at the reception desk are so friendly and nice to children.

The Hotel itself was of an excellent standard with regard to the accommodation it provided, it is not the most modern, but we had a family room which was tasteful and clean, with TV, hairdryer, a fridge and more than adequate bath/shower-room with hair and body wash provided.

The hotel staff were fantastic, very nice to us, helpful, and work extremely hard. Excellent swimming pool with a reasonably priced drinks and snacks. There are two outside pools , a big one with a separate section for children, ...
a second small one for young children, and a very small one for babies Their terraces are beautiful and there are plenty of sunbeds. There is a table tennis table; you can rent the table tennis bats for free.

We stayed half board. The buffet food was of the highest quality that we have ever experienced before, it was always hot, varied and plentiful, in one week that we spent there, they never once had the same meal twice, and the desserts were gorgeous. The restaurant was well run and it worked very well.

There is a kids lounge with a TV and pool tables and also an adult’s only TV room (good for the men watching the footie) and reading/chill out room. Kids club was great and our son loved every minute of it.

We were also very pleased with entertainment in and around the hotel, the Hotel provided entertainment for all ages every evening. The mini disco was a bit short though, should be at least an hour long. Guests in the hotel are a mixed of nationalities, most English, but we also met some Spanish and Italians.

The hotel is spotless, Reception, Bar, Toilets etc were all kept very clean and tidy. The Swimming Pool and Terraces areas were also tidy and clean.

The beach itself is beautiful. Nice, quiet and relaxing. Weather was very good.
The hotel is located about 30 minutes’ walk to the resort, but a very nice walk, no cars, great the kids can just run all the way and wear themselves out. Transport links to the local town were frequent and reliable. Can Picafort has also an excellent street market on Fridays where bartering is the name of the game. It had no end of shops and restaurants spanning the seafront and a little harbour which is very picturesque at sunset. We hired a car through the reception.

Would certainly recommend this hotel again and again to anyone who is looking for a hotel near by most of the main shops, beaches and restaurants.

"Home from Home. I love it."
Roger visited the Son Baulo Hotel, Can Picafort, Spain in June 2012
2 readers found this review helpful

My wife and I went for many years, now I go on my own. Booked a week this time, wished it could have been longer. My family and I love C'an Picafort and the Son Baulo and travel there 1 or 2 times a year.

The hotel is right opposite the beach with Bus Stop just outside the hotel. Can Picafort main town is about 25 min walk along the sea wall. Alcudia is about half an hour by bus which do get packed a bit.

The rooms are very clean and pleasant and the view takes your breath away, I appreciated the new rooms, with new comfy beds, but I also like the ones on the street side as they get the afternoon/evening sun.

I am a vegetarian and so usually struggle but the food in the hotel is excellent. Entertainment ...
each night which is also really good and very family orientated. Bar prices are very reasonable compared with other hotels and bars I've visited in resort.

The management and the staff are excellent. Marian is wonderful, a very caring girl, I always feel well looked after.

I definitely (and have many times) recommend the Hotel Son Baulo to anyone wanting a family or peaceful holiday.

"Too many screaming children"
crossley stayed at Son Baulo Hotel, Can Picafort in May 2012
1 reader found this review helpful

We stayed at the Son Baulo Hotel in Can Picafort.

Accommodation was great, location was wonderful, food fantastic but if you are wantng a quiet and peaceful holiday don't go there as it was full of screaming children! We only sat around the pool one day and couldn't stand anymore. Same when the artists were on in the evening and at meal times. Its not always the kids fault, it's just the parents didn't care.

We heard a few people that had been going there for years say they that they wouldn't go back anymore. I have had three kids of my own so I know you can't keep them quiet all the time but it's such a shame because the hotel was really good but spoilt by unruly children. It wasn't even the school holidays ...
which we always avoid.

So beware,if you want a rest don't go here!

Recommended: No

"Would recommend it to everyone"
Kirchzarten visited the Son Baulo Hotel in October 2011
3 readers found this review helpful

We have just returned from our second holiday at the Son Baulo. We went last year in June for 7 nights and booked to go back as soon as the 2010 prices were published.
This time we went for 10 nights in October, and it was just perfect. Our children aged 6 and nearly 4 loved being in the main pool and would have stayed there all day, every day if I let them. It was lovely to have the beach on our doorstep and my children loved it, mainly at the end of the day when it was quieter.

This hotel is very popular with British, also German and Italian, I feel that adds to the holiday feel and was good for our children to experience other languages around them. My daughter's favourite part of the day was seeing ...
and joining in with the Mini Disco with Gill Even after 10 nights she didn’t tire of it, and as grownups it is just lovely to see all the kiddies enjoying themselves.

I emailed them a week before we went asking for an upgrade sea view room and they obliged. I am sure they always try to meet any requests. The food cannot be faulted, even the desserts were delicious!
The beach is lovely with shallow water for quite a way out. Great for jumping waves though. We had an excellent holiday at the Son Baulo and would recommend it to everyone.

"A wonderful holiday from the start to finish!"
Claire visited the Son Baulo Hotel, Can Picafort in September 2011
1 reader found this review helpful

The hotel is an excellent position. We have been here 7 times over past 5 years, so we must have the hotel ok. This time we had a very good offer from Thomson, especially for 11 nights.

This has been again a wonderful holiday from the start to finish. Everything about the hotel is first class.

Excellent service from all the staff. Very clean, even if we were late in the morning and had Do not Disturb notice out, cleaner would come back later in the day to do the room.

Great food.

Flat terrain for walking - we like to go for a long evening stroll. Stunning views.

Excellent area for beach and buses. Can´t fault anything.

Would not go anywhere else.

"Fantastic! "
mike had a holiday at Son Baulo Hotel, Can Picafort, Spain in September 2011

Fantastic!

This year will be our 30th year visiting Majorca and staying at the Hotel Son Baulo. I suppose 30 years staying at the same hotel is not everyone’s ideal, but we have tried other hotels and been disappointed and we feel that if you are lucky enough to find a little bit of heaven, you should stick to it as long as it lasts.
After 30 years I can still say that we love the place as much as the first time we visited in 1981.

True, it is not the Ritz, but what the Hotel Son Baulo is, is a superb, friendly, welcoming and helpful hotel. All the staff give 100% in effort to help guests have trouble free holiday. True, it is a family hotel built right on the beach and giving children lots to do, but the ...
hotel is designed so that there are still secluded areas if you want a few minutes peace and quiet.

We have seen many changes in Majorca over 30 years but what has not changed is the friendliness of the locals, the professionalism of the hotel staff and the beauty of the island.

"Very good family hotel"
Liz visited the Son Baulo Hotel in September 2011
1 reader found this review helpful

A dated hotel built in 1967/8, but don't let that put you off immediately. It has been refurbished somewhat although the bedroom furniture is definitely 1970's style. The hotel is very good as to wheel chair or push chair access.

We were a family of Dad, Mum, Son and Daughter in law with a Child almost 2. We asked for adjoining rooms and got them, together with a huge patio area. And I mean big, the only downfall being the sea view was somewhat obscured by a large fig tree and did not get much sunshine but the patio made up for it in the evening having a large area for drinking outside.

Bathroom well laid out and nicely tiled, although ceiling looks as if it needs re-doing. No locks on loo door. Nice big safe in room also. Air-Con very ...
good, flat screen HD TV mainly Spanish.
Irons or kettles you have to hire, same for a fridge. The main areas of the hotel were spotless. I did find that the toilet facilities were small for the size of the hotel, unless there were others I didn't see.

Food was excellent! Could not fault it, and I'm an ex-chef of 22 years’ experience.

Hotel location was perfect, right on a sandy beach. There is a river that runs to side of the hotel. Pleasant to look at from a distance, but was quite smelly when you got really close. So I would advise any kids to paddle in it.
Take a trip on the C'an Picafort Express. It's a mini road train that runs every 40 mins on a circular route and costs 3 Euro for adults, half for kids. Note, it has a siesta time from midday to about 5pm. You can get off in town and get back on later if you retain ticket.

Hotel staff were very very friendly, all of them. I got to like being waited on.
The entertainment was very repetitive each night for kids, but it doesn't last that long so don't leave. The acts that follow are very very good.

So my overall opinion is its a very good family orientated hotel that is well worth a visit.

"A great time again"
Fran stayed at Son Baulo Hotel, Can Picafort, Spain in September 2011
2 readers found this review helpful

This was our second time, previously visited in September 2009 and the same as last time; we had such a good time. The Son Baulo is a very good 3 stars hotel in a superb location, the beach is one step away, with a very good service, food and entertainment at an affordable price.

We had a nice room with a double bed and 2 very comfortable single beds, nicely decorated. It seems to have been recently refurbished, double glazed windows, nice bathroom, flat screen TV and lovely air cond. Everything spotlessly clean. We requested a non smoking room at the time of booking, and we got it.

Restaurant is also very clean and service is very good, all waiters were efficient and friendly. About the food, I felt that some of the comments were unjustified, breakfast selection was very ...
good, fruits, cereals, meats, eggs, bacon, cheese, a range of teas, pastries.

Both breakfast and dinner are of a high standard, and we always found the choice to be of more than acceptable.
And we have travelled extensively and are not easily pleased. Very good service from restaurant staff. At lunch, 2 bars serve burgers, omelettes, chicken filets, salads, baguettes, sandwiches.

The rest of the hotel was also very clean; pool area never crowded, and gets the sun all day long. Plenty of sun beds never had a problem finding one.

There is a game room with TV, machines and pool tables for children, which we thought it was very good idea as this room is near the main area when entertainment is hold, so children can go there after the mini disco. We never ventured there, as our children loved the shows.

The walk from the hotel along the sea front it takes you to the resort centre and is a lovely, easy flat walk of about 20 minutes. The beach and the sea were wonderful.

"Fantastic hotel for families"
Heidi stayed at Son Baulo Hotel, Can Picafort, Spain in July 2011
1 reader found this review helpful

We stayed at the Hotel Son Baulo in July 2011 for 2 weeks. Its a great hotel if you have young children as the entertainment and general set up for kids is fantastic. Even down to having their own utensils, plates etc in the dining room and microwaves in the bar to warm milk.

The location of the hotel is fabulous and it is worth paying the extra to have a sea view room as you have views right over the bay to Puerto Pollensa.

The sea view rooms have just had new furniture put in them, brightening up the rooms and new upvc balcony doors open onto a good size balcony. The bathrooms are also new.

The food at the hotel, again was great if you like home cooked family meals. There was always a great salad buffet, show ...
cooking every evening and fabulous desserts. No matter what time you went into the dining room you could always get a table and the waiters would be over within seconds with your drinks.

We didn't stay in for the evening entertainment every night as there is only so much 'bingo' one person can take, but what we did see was very professional (even the reps show was very good) and the kids seemed to be having a ball.

What I will say for the hotel is that every member of staff we came across did their utmost to ensure that we were having the best time possible, they all made time to talk to you even though you could see they were very busy on some days. I will definitely be returning to the hotel and would recommend it to any family after a good beach holiday with special touches!

"Can't wait to go back!"
amanda had a holiday at Son Baulo Hotel in July 2011
1 reader found this review helpful

I cannot think of a bad thing to say about this place it was amazing and by far the best holiday I’ve ever had. My children were 14,11,6 and they loved it too. Fabulous and friendly service and the food was lovely and there was a lot of choice too.

We have booked to go back next year and we can’t wait.

John visited the Son Baulo Hotel in July 2011
We read some reviews on another website and were concerned on what we would find, our concern disappeared on arrival. We arrived very late at night and were greeted by a very welcoming receptionist, Wayne, who after the check in took us to the Restaurant for a hot drink and something to eat. We were very pleased, so a good start.

Our room 457 had a double bed and 2 twin beds for our twins, the room was nicely decorated in lively blues and a view to die for, the beach and the sea were wonderful, and the sunrise in red colours is breath-taking. (See our photos).

Our room seems to have been recently refurbished, new door, veranda, balcony doors (double glazed), bathroom, very comfortable beds (not so comfortable pillows), flat screen TV, phone, lights and air cond., everything seems new ...
and nice and kept spotlessly clean every day. Very quiet even though our room was near the lift. Sometimes we could hear the music from the hotel next door, but never until late, and not very loud. We asked for a non-smoking room, and we got it.

We talked to other guests in the hotel and most of them seem to be very happy.

Restaurant is also very clean and the service is very good, all waiters were efficient and friendly. The breakfast selection was very good, and offers fruits, cereals, meats, eggs, bacon, cheese, a range of teas, pastries.

After reading some reviews about the Suites, which are situated at the end of corridors and are a set of 2 rooms with impressive views, we request from reception if we could upgrade to one of them. Receptionists were extremely nice to us, we could not upgrade as the hotel was full (as it seems to be for the whole season), but they showed the rooms, and they said they would inform us if one eventually became available. And one became available on our last night, and we were given it for free, and receptionist apologized for not having been able to offer us this for more nights. We really enjoyed that last special night, and we thank them deeply for their kindness and friendliness.

The rest of the hotel was also very clean, pool area never crowded (see photos taken on 30th July morning and afternoon), and gets the sun, practically all day long. Plenty of sun beds never had a problem finding one.

The hotel only offers bed and breakfast, or half board, and both breakfast and dinner are of a high standard with good variety. And if you are a fussy eater and do not like to go for new tastes or sauces, there is always the ‘show cooking’¯, with friendly chef Filippo on the grill offering plain fish or meat.

If you wish to have lunch in the hotel, there are 2 snacks bars where you can have light meals like burgers, omelettes, chicken filets, salads, baguettes, sandwiches... If you wish to have a proper restaurant meal, there are a few good ones very near, some of them along the pedestrian promenade following the coast from the hotel to the resort centre of Can Picafort (busier that the Son Baulo beach and area).

We thought it was a very good idea to have a games room with TV, machines and pool tables for the children, this room is near the main area when entertainment is hold, on a lower level, so children go there after the mini disco if they are no keen on shows. We never ventured there, as our children loved the shows, and they sat there every night in front of the stage until end. There is also another room, on another level, which is for adults only, with books, TV, newspapers, much quieter.

The walk from the hotel along the sea front it takes you to the resort centre and is a lovely, easy flat walk of about 20 minutes, you first pass the ancient part of the village with small fishermen houses with terraces, some of them are now restaurants or bars where you can eat tapas, then it comes the harbour with the yachts and smaller boats (sea our photos), and finally the busiest part of the place with many things going on. If you are looking for shopping, the main street is parallel to this pedestrian promenade.

In my opinion, as far as I know and after other guests comments who seem to have been visiting this hotel many times and who we met in the hotel, if there is a problem in this hotel this is for some guest booking basic or standard rooms (apparently nothing wrong with them apart from the view) with no sea view and then pretending to be accommodated in an upgraded room by putting pressure on poor receptionists.

The best, on our point of view is that you can have a good 3 stars hotel in a superb situation with a very good service, food and entertainment at an affordable price even in high season. Having its big terraces with plenty of sun beds right on the beach it saves you a fortune by not having to pay for sun beds and umbrellas on the beach.

"Great location, clean rooms, friendly staff"
Gary stayed at Son Baulo Hotel in June 2011
This is very good hotel in great location, only few steps from the beach.

The hotel is very clean and the rooms were definitely larger than average with TV and air conditioning. The ladies who clean the rooms do a marvellous job and are extremely jovial and always greet you with a smile. The whole place was spotless.

The food was good, especially when you think they are catering for so many people. They had a large choice of meat/fish dishes, salads and good desserts too. Breakfast had a very large choice suitable for all. There is a snack bar that serves terraces, literally on the beach, and also another one by the pool, they sell pizza, burgers and salads from 10-6 each day.

Kids were well catered for, no complaints at all on that front, and buffet always handy for kids ...
as can keep going up to find something they like. Kids club was great, my 6 year old had a great time.

Pool was fantastic, never had a problem with sun beds. There was a children very shallow pool which is quite small but is excellent for very young children and another one for babies.

The evening entertainment was good, with children time from 7.30-9 which was the same most nights but they enjoyed it, followed by bingo, then a show. These included an excellent flamenco-rock show, hypnotist, singer Claudia and tributes.

All staff were friendly and approachable and seem to enjoy working in the hotel, especially the bar staff.
The beach is lovely with an unforgettable colour of sea and distance mountains. There are plenty of shops, and a great market to visit once a week.

"Location and staff make it great!"
Renate visited the Son Baulo Hotel, Can Picafort, Spain in September 2010
It may not be the trendiest place, but its position and staff makes it unbeatable.
There was nothing about the holidays we were unhappy with, we could not have asked for more.
The hotel is excellent and away from the busier part of the resort.

The restaurant provided food for all tastes including dishes for the children to choose their own if they wanted, and for vegetarians. Even a fussy eater like myself had more than enough to eat.

Rooms are a good size with centrally controlled air conditioning, cleaned and fresh towels daily. It is well worth paying a bit extra and getting a sea view or pool view. Bathrooms are also a good size with an excellent powerful shower.

Nice gestures like having a free baggage room, and a courtesy room for late leavers.

Overall is an excellent place, right on beach, pool, shops, ...
etc. In 20 years of foreign travel this is one of the few hotels I would recommend to anyone. We have already booked for June.

"Location and surrounding brilliant!"
Sonja stayed at Son Baulo Hotel, Can Picafort, Spain in September 2010
In terms of general location, it’s brilliant.

The Son Baulo caters for all down to earth people whatever their tastes. It is clean, pleasant with homely environment. We are two adults and an 11 year old son and landed lucky with this excellently cared for hotel which is superbly situated on a beautiful blue flag beach, abutting a totally unspoilt nature reserved boasting significant archaeological ruins dating back to 800bc.

We had a family room which was tasteful and clean, with TV, hairdryer, and a fridge and more than adequate bath/shower-room with hair and body wash provided. Our balcony overlooked the sea and mountains and the edge of the nature reserve and the interior garden of the hotel.

The hotel staff were fantastic and work extremely hard. We had such fantastic excellent service from all the waiting staff

The pool is ...
fine with a reasonably priced pool cafe/restaurant, but with the sea as warm as a bath and perfect safe bathing for all, spent little time there. There are free sun loungers there too. There are buses to Alcudia, Puerto Pollensa which is pretty (and you can take an onward bus or walk to Pollensa which is lovely) and Porto Cristo and the Caves of Drach and various other places. The local market is on a Friday.