2 independent reviews of the Surmeli Efes Hotel

Surmeli Efes Hotel Reviews

"Don't do it!"
Maxine Lloyd visited the Surmeli Efes Hotel in May 2013
1 reader found this review helpful

We booked a week from 1st may to the 8th May. We are on our 4th day ... 1st night we got here 2am we was taken to our room, 3rd floor, it smelt mouldy, could not swing a cat in it and bathroom was filthy. We complained and got put in another room on the 6th floor which they wanted and extra £10 a night for. Lovely room but nothing more than we should have got in the first place for a 5 star hotel. We got the room for no extra cost in the end.

The food was rubbish and we are not fussy eaters at all but the food is terrible. The staff were ignorant. Donít expect much on the drink front.

The pools are great but the transfer takes between 2hrs and 2 and half hours ...
and there is NOTHING close to hotel, itís a 15 min bus trip into town so night times a bit boring as no shops or bars to walk round. I have been as honest as I can be and believe me we are not fussy people and this is defiantly NOT a 5 star hotel would say 3 at a push.

Tour Operator: lowcostholidays

Recommended: No

Richard stayed at Surmeli Efes Hotel, Kusadasi in June 2009
I went to Surmeli Efes with my partner in June 2009. On arrival the staff were very friendly and immediately took our luggage, we were given a cocktail drink too! So very pleasing first impressions..
The hotel and resort is fantastic! There are 3 big pools, plenty of sun loungers and excellent entertainment throughout the day. To add the weather was out of this world, avergae of 35 degrees with no clouds in the sky!
The Room - considering what I paid for this holiday very chuffed with the room, a mini bar with alcohol and water all included within AI deal and water replaced everyday! Small balcony but ideal with lovely sea view. There was air conditioning in the room however this could have been more effective, I found this had more effect late evening instead of in the day!
Food and ...
Drink - This was the first time I had gone All inclusive but must say I was impressed. Numerous bars including lobby and pool bar where u help yourself to drinks alcoholic or not all day long. The beer is local but very tasty and selection of other alcoholic drinks. The staff were very friendly and even though some of the drinks were in small glasses you could order as many as you like and keep going back for more, there were never any issues at ordering more than one drink per person which I\'d heard from other AI deals but this certainly wasnt the case!
The food was a large buffet style morning afternoon and evening. The food was nice but nothing more. If you are a fussy eater you may have a few issues with the food as the menu did seem quite repetitive and I would have liked more taste with the food, it seemed quite blande and I didnt really like any of the desserts as there was no taste! On the other hand there are 3 alacarte resturants which you need to book into to go there. My partner and I didnt get round to doing this until the day before our last and had an Italian on our last night there. It was a 6 course meal and the food was amazing! So my regret is not booking these in earlier on as think this would be much more enjoyable than the main buffet restaurant! To add there is a barbeque type section outside however if your there at busy times you may have to queue a while!

Overall this was my first time in Turkey and this hotel and resort made my holiday an amazing experience! It is very family orientated however it also suited to couples too! I would definitely recommend this hotel to other people and the only reason I haven\'t scored it a 10 is due to the food could have been a little better apart from that abosolutely loved it! :-)

Tour Operator: Old Holidays