38 independent reviews of the Club Armar Hotel

Club Armar Hotel Club Armar Hotel is rated 2.45 out of 5 from 38 Reviews

Club Armar Hotel Reviews

"Not worth it"
Mr m lewtas had a holiday at Club Armar Hotel in September 2013
Got to hotel at 12 in the night and we were told we had to stay in another hotel as it was full. Food very poor with chicken served every day and night and your drinks wear vodka gin wine or lager that was it! Wouldn't stay again not worth the 510 pound it cost just to sleep there, as that's all we did because we didn't eat there as it was same food every day. Also was told to sit by the pool as there was no room in the restaurant the first day we tried to eat there!

Tour Operator: Sunsave

Recommended: No

"The worst hotel in Turkey"
c metcalf stayed at Club Armar Hotel, Marmaris, Turkey in August 2011
3rd August until 16th August 2011. Room Number 326

This hotel has to be the worst hotel in Turkey, I can't believe there are any worse. When we arrived they didn't have a room for us, we had to wait a day and a half to get a room. We paid for a safe in our room, we put in our own combination numbers within 2 days it had been opened and money taken. The only people with a master key that would override the combination were the reception staff. There was about five other incidents were residents had money taken from their safes. For those that didn't have a safe in their rooms, there was a room next to the reception with safes in it. The people that hired these safes also had money taken. I tried ...
to report this to the Police as did a few other people, we had people that could speak both English and Turkish but the Police would not let us to use these people as translators, we had to use someone from the Police Station and this would cost us 70 lira each.

The rooms were dirty, the beds were falling to bits, and the whole place is dangerous. While I was there my daughter cut her leg after tripping on raised tiles in the swimming area, others broke legs and arms. Live wires hanging out of the wall and ground, the fire escape were boarded up so it couldn't be use, and gas cylinders were stored under the fire escape.

In the bar there are two drink dispensers these were for apple and peach. While I was waiting for a drink I had a disagreement with the bar man who was filling the up with water from the tap and not drinking water! The food is no better then slops in fact my dogs eat better food then we were served. Food left over from the previous nights dinner was served up for breakfast the following day.

The pool had to be closed one day as a light broke in the pool and they were afraid the wiring would cause the pool to become live.

The wild life in Turkey is wonderful there is quite a bit around the pool and some even share your rooms with you. If I put down all the faults it would be classed as a book and not a review. If I can give you one piece of advice this is it please don't stay here.

Recommended: No

Downie had a holiday at Club Armar Hotel, Marmaris in December 2009
Our original booking was a birthday present in a 5 star hotel all inclusive in Gumbet. We were notified a week before we were due to depart that the hotel was closed. We were changed to another hotel in Icemelar which had terrible reviews. Then a day later we were again informed that the hotel had flooded and we were to stay at the Club Armar Marmaris. I found this to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, in my life. There is no way this is a 4 star. Everthing was filthy, carpets, tablecloths, etc. Food was inedible. After being violently sick on the second day with a number of other guests we decided not to eat or drink in this hotel again, we had been reliably informed that the drinks were being tampered with. The food ...
was cold as soon as the restaurant had on opened. Luckily we found a good local restaurant that was open over the Christmas period and our health improved immediately. Neither myself or my husband have complained about a hotel but we thought it best to bring to other holiday makers attention the health hazards of this horrendous place. We travel to Turkey on a regular basis. It was so sad to hear other people who had travelled there for the first time, saying they would never return to Turkey again because of their experience in this hotel. The management was none existent and extremely ignorent. The only good thing I can say about this dreadful place was there was an on site shop and the man who ran it was really nice and helpful. This place should be inspected. Obviously the travel companys who recommend this hotel dont care about the customer or their own reputation. All I can say is avoid the Club Armar and Gold Trail Travel like the plague but dont be put off travelling to Turkey. We are returning in April but obviously not to the Club Armar.

Tour Operator: Gold Trail

Nicola Blackwell visited the Club Armar Hotel, Marmaris, Turkey in September 2009
Before I write my review I would like to say that my partner and I are in no way fussy and realised that we were not going to get an outstanding hotel for the price we paid (

Tour Operator: Cooperative Travel

bob brotton visited the Club Armar Hotel in August 2009
superb hotel . dont listen to bad reviews.

david jevans visited the Club Armar Hotel, Marmaris, Turkey in July 2009
dont beleive bad reviews not true excellent hotel . get on the plane now.

tracey had a holiday at Club Armar Hotel in June 2009
we stayed at club armar in june what a dissapointment. we booked twin rooms but we were given a room with 4 beds in a row one wich was a camp bed. me and my partner had to share a room with my 66 year old mother and my 13 year old nephew . when we complained about this we were told to ask tomorrow this was the same story all week so we just stopped asking. we only saw the rep once when we didnt book excursions with him he wasnt interested. also watch out for the guy who calls himself brad pit he will mither you all week to have a turkish bath. the food what can i say it is not edible for human consumption it is bits of chicken and mince fried in a wok with ...
some spices on there was no fresh veg . potatos were fried in yellow oil and were raw. nothing was warm and on a few occasions we witnessed staff taking left over bread of plates and putting it back into bread basket . the lager was ok but the plastic glasses are very sharp we all ended up with cut lips if you manage to get hold of a glass hang onto it. whilst most of the staff are lovely and very helpful watch out for the angry girl who works behind the bar.she is scary. the entertainment team work very hard and try their best but it is so bad you have to laugh at them. we aqte out most nights so if you are staying at this hotel i would advise you to take extra money for food because believe me you will need it.

Tour Operator: hello holidays

mark g stayed at Club Armar Hotel, Marmaris in September 2008
hotel was clean you are very limited on the variety of drinks you can have with the all-inclusive beer.wine.vodka.raki.soft drinks. room was very clean. the main problem was the food chicken with every meal it was that bad we went to bar next door adam+eve lovely steak meals if you just fancy eating salad all the time this hotel is for you. ps one good point about this hotel is you get a free lift to the beach at icmeler. enjoy

ian mellor stayed at Club Armar Hotel, Marmaris in August 2008
thought i would send in a review as i have been using this site for my holidays for the past few years.
my wife passed away at the beginning of the year so i booked to go to mexico with my stepson ( 12 yrs old )
decided we could not wait that long and booked this as a late deal with my mate and his young son
if you are british try not to stay at this hotel they do not really cater for the british and the meals prove this they also over book and put guests up in other hotels we booked a double/twin room what we got was a single room with 2 camp beds and a sofa bed squeezed in there when i complained i was told they had no other rooms and told me that was what ...
i booked until i produced a copy of the booking slip as they had taken away what they thought was the only copy on arrival after that they said sorry and could we hold on till the next day i agreed as i just wanted to enjoy the holiday the next day the moved us to the iman apartments which were very basic but were family run and this we all enjoyed we still had to walk round to the club armar to use the all inclusive as the meals were to put it politley dire we did not bother i have been to mamaris before as a family and stayed at the portabello apartments self catering and used this hotel to compare to the club armar i wished i booked there but to many memories
the staff at club armar were a mixed bunch some would do there best others looked on you as a burden the girl serving the drinks looked as if she sucked a lemon before she started work i was always polite but could not get her to smile or fill my glass to the top
the main things are would i go back to turkey - yes would i go to mamaris -yes-but would try else were in turkey
would i stay at this hotel - only if someone else paid and provided the money to eat out as this is what we did
p.s. sorry for the waffle

Tour Operator: bookable holidays

c minter-smith visited the Club Armar Hotel in December 2007
The hotel is a disgrace. It is definately not a four star!

The food was cold and was chicken every day for lunch and dinner. We paid all inclusive but they wanted an extra

Tour Operator: golden trail

PATSY AND JOHN visited the Club Armar Hotel in July 2007
Were do i begin we had a fantastic 2 weeks here 4th july - 18th july 07 room was real nice good view over looking pool area.

I kept my teenage children under control but there was a family in this hotel who had two teenage girls with them well!!!! What can i say they just were left to they own devices. Drinking alcohol when clearly under age but dressed up to look 18 weredo parents get the brains from

food in hotel was real nice all inclusive wrist bands were worn much easier than swipe cards which we have had in past hotels.

Did not see any entertainment we sat in garden bar on a night time

bar closed at 11pm on the dot we stocked upon drinks and sat chatting till early hours most nights

there is internet for the kids ...
inside the reception area a indoor pool which is quite nice.

Holiday on whole was great and would return in future

my teenage sons loved it

Tour Operator: HAYS

SHAZ AND GARY AND FAMILY stayed at Club Armar Hotel, Marmaris, Turkey in June 2007
Stayed here for two weeks it is not a 4 star hotel know were near.

We booked a family room what a joke we were crammed in like tomatoe\'s.

Food was cold and not a good variety at all gone down hill since last year.

Entertainment was none we couldnt get a sun bed no matter what time we woke.

We checked into the hotel and my young daughter aged 13 the manager gave her the once over asking question\'s i.e how old is she? What did there call her etc etc bear in mind her passort was in his hand I kept a close eye on my daughter after that has I did not feel safe letting her walk around the hotel on her own.

In the end my husband was boiling asked them whats the problem we got a cock n bull ...
story saying there was looking for some one which I though very strange indeed.

I reported this to the local rep who basically said she would look into it and never did.

Lots off people complained when we were there about the food etc etc the drink was just okay.

We stayed here last june and it was fantastic but it has gone down the pan 80% totally.

We paid a lot off money for this hotel and we ate out most off the time.

We will be back to Marmaris but not this hotel ever.

Tour Operator: DIY

jake and sal visited the Club Armar Hotel, Marmaris in June 2007
Never again paid a lot off money for this hotel
4 STAR now way.

Nothing at all for kids no ice cream payable only
Food terrible drink watered down
None entertainment very boring
People complaining everyday
Hotel staff looking at English guests all the time not Germans guests just us english.
Asking question first i thought strange but one family who had teenager girls were fuming we got talking to them, one of there daughters was questioned over and over again about were she lived what was her name etc etc this was reported to rep it then stopped.
Staff were friendly but it was a dissapoinment we work hard for a holiday and it was no fun at all
Our young son was so bored we ate out all time.
Rooms was not good at all carpets were shabby

Tour Operator: excel

kitty and sam visited the Club Armar Hotel, Marmaris, Turkey in June 2007
Were do I begin after reading recent reviews the whole family just did not want to go.

We paid for a family room we got a sardine tin, you can not move in it yes its only to sleep in but was so dull carpets a disgrace.

The hotel itself was okay a bit far out not much about most shop restaurants closed. If music is loud after midnight there get a warning if it happens again there get closed for 3 weeks if it happens again there get closed completely.

Could not get a sun bed around the small pool, we were told that we can use the front pool but you can not lots off people moaning.

Food was not hot at all drinks very basic.

Manager very inquisitive about us English people but respectful staff friendly

Entertainment nil

Would not got back to this hotel at all

Tour Operator: hays

paul and sussie visited the Club Armar Hotel, Marmaris in May 2007
Food was terrible looked at reviews before we travelled and thought maybe it has changed.

How wrong we were, food was cold not a good selection at all.

Entertainment none could not get a sun bed at all
would not return at all.

Tour Operator: quick travel

ian walker visited the Club Armar Hotel in October 2006
This hotel is definately not four star it may have been once before it became all inclusive.

The food is absolutely repulsive and is not readily available, the same food was available each day with no variation of menu, stodge stodge stodge and salad.

There are no snacks available during the day except for meal times, there was no chinese restaraunt as stated, drinks are served in plastic \'kids\' beakers and washed only under a running tap, there is no form of sanitation on the bars.

There are a total of four bars in the hotel but you have to guess which one is going to be open at what time. Food is only available to 9pm after which you can get nothing until 7:30am when breakfast starts ( by the way fried eggs, boiled eggs ,scrambled eggs ...
and bread and jam ).

I paid all inclusive prices for my wife and I and spent

Tour Operator: uk travelshop

Mrs Knights stayed at Club Armar Hotel in October 2006
Certainly not a 4*, more like a 2*.

Staff were very helpful and friendly.

Meals were pretty much the same each day and there was a lack of clean plates. The selection of all inclusive drinks was very limited.

The carpets in the corridors were dirty and stained.

The sunbeds in the pool area all seemed to fill up quickly or have towels put on them to reserve them.

Tour Operator: None

maria&Dave visited the Club Armar Hotel, Marmaris, Turkey in September 2006
After reading reports on this hotel, dreaded going. Was quite surprised. Arrived at the hotel at around 4am after a mix up with cases!- staff were friendly and helpful. Showed us our room which we have never had done before in any other hotel.

Hotel interior lovely and clean. Carpets in corridors looked a bit worn ruffled up, all looked like needed replacing. Room, clean. No broken appliances. However there was a 2 inch gap at the bottom of our door(we had room 324)Found this annoying....

Hotel runs by a wristband system. Meals are ok, especially if you like salads, chicken and fancy cakes.

Staff do look sometimes and make you feel limited to the amount of food you put on your plate, esp at the BBQ section outside. My other half was \'shooed\' away when he went up a second ...
time to get my \'chicken\' (always chicken-really!)Tea and coffee served throughout the day but by 11am, it is stewed, strong and warm. Alcoholic drinks-there are only of a few to choose. Small measures given, had to ask for 2. All inclusive stops at 11 and staff make sure they don't go over at anytime. Only 2 bars, one of which doesn't open till evening :( Drinks served in plastic \'beaker\' type cups. Horrible. Something you would give the kids. Bit up and worn!!! Yuk!

Sunbeds are all taken by early morning. If you do get one, its in the shade. Waterpark at front of hotel brilliant for adults and children alike. You\'re not supposed to take drinks in from the hotel, but everyone did and no-one complained. No lifeguard, so children have to be supervised. Not many children come to that. We didn't take our children this holiday, think they would of been bored when slides shut on the waterpark at around 4pm!

No entertainment whatsoever. We were out evernight after tea. Loads of German tourists in the hotel. Not many English people. More older generation too. Didn't put us off tho, holiday what you make it :)

On the last day, we had late room for

Tour Operator: sunstar leisure

Pat & Karen visited the Club Armar Hotel, Marmaris in September 2006
This is not a four star hotel!!!!!

After checking holiday truths before booking we were a little dubious but then you can\'t please everyone and thought we\'ll give it a go.

The appearance of the hotel on arrival was impressive it looked very much like a four star hotel until we got out of the lift to our room. Very grubby and worn corridors with dirty plates sitting on the ledge at the lift (still there three days later).

Even worse when we got to our room and the door handle was literally hanging off and a two inch gap at the bottom of the door, the room itself on first impression was nice with air conditioning, television and a hairdryer until you looked at the skirting boards which were filthy. A maid comes daily to make ...
the bed and change towels I don\'t think she done anything else.

The food was not for the faint hearted, chicken, pasta, meatballs........chicken, pasta, meatballs all for lunch and dinner seven days a week. There is no waiter service in the restaurant you have to get your own drinks (in plastic cups!!!!!). The staff in the restaurant are not at all friendly and very slow, even the chefs don\'t rush themselves to keep the food well stocked up they go even slower if there is a queue waiting for hot food which was a regular occurance while we were there. I felt quite uncomfortable going anywhere near the hot food when the chef was about. The breakfast was not worth getting out of bed for although if you liked plain omlettes you could get one every morning.

The food overall in my opinion was very poor, very repetitive and cold but there are plenty of nice restaurants beside the hotel and very cheap you could on average get a four course meal for about

Tour Operator: med hotels

JENNIFER visited the Club Armar Hotel, Marmaris in August 2006
Myself and my husband our two kids aged 5 and 12 and our friend travelled to Turkey, this was our 4th time in Marmaris,Turkey and you either love or hate it.

We were very wary after the reports we read but we had a fantasic fortnight. Yes alot of things said about the hotel were true like sundbeds hard to get and repetition of food but for the price we paid it was excellent.

The food was good chicken all the time but good and the staff were very friendly and if you gave them a small tip or a packet of cigs they bent over backwards for you!

We have been to AI hotels everywhere and all countries offer different selections Club Armar was a typical Turkish all inclusive so you have to expect this when ...
you travel. There was a taxi rank outside the hotel and for about 6 lira it would take us all down into the middle of town or a 15 min walk would do the same.

We hope to return to this hotel this year again. I am very particular about where I stay and being in business myself pick out many faults but on the whole the hotel was clean, staff very helpful, fairly good location all food was to a high standard but very repetitive and drinks were limited at the bar but the weather was fab and we had a fab time.

I would just recommend you go with an open mind and enjoy!!!

Tour Operator: TRAVEL CITY DIRECT