Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
layneybird

The Modelo sells SMA and Cow and Gate in Tins But not Ready Made
They do sell a ready made babymilk but it is not SMA it is a Portuguese Brand
Thanks very much for the info.

Much appreciated.

Layneybird. :tup
Layneybird - bring the sachets of SMA with you, my little one was just a year when we went to Portugal last year and I brought 3 boxes of SMA progress sachets with me(plus a couple of ready made cartons for the plane journeys) . Once you take the sachets out of the box, they take up very little room in a suitcase.

Not sure about the SMA Gold but the progress sachets made up a 7oz bottle - look for the bottled water with the baby symbol on it as that's good for making up bottles and we just kept the bottle on the countertop as DD took them at room temp...you don't need to boil that water. Has your hotel room got a microwave? If it does, we used the microwave steriliser bags for her bottles...brilliant invention...if not, buy a big plastic tub over there and bring your milton tabs with you...at least you can get rid of the tub when you leave...

Hope this helps...
Last year we also took sma sachets. When these ran out we bought ready made formula but its not SMA. We tried 3 different types until we found one the wee fella liked. The smallest cartons we found were 1 litre though, not the small ones. You will get something that will suit I'm sure.

There was a shop just off Albufeira square(going up towards the old bus terminal) that sells british goods like Heinz beans etc and I'm sure they sold cartons. They will cost you though.

Lummie ;)
im sure if you go into floyds bar at cerro branco the bar man will lend you a kettle i borrowed it from him through this link met a lot of nice people into to bargin :wave:
Thanks very much everyone for the advice and tips, much appreciated.

Layneybird :) xxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.