Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
GermanWings fly to Cologne. Great market there and a nice city
Hi Dibley, welcome to HT! :wave

You'll get a better response to your flight question in the dedicated forum HERE :wink:

Pippy :D
Thank you for that, will keep the info handy.
I didn't go to the Christmas market, but I was there in November and the square in Brussels is absolutely gorgeous!!! REALLY nice!!! I'm not entirely sure which companies do flights as we flew with Easyjet to Amsterdam Schipol and then onto Brussels (around 4hr drive I think)...

I also loved Strasbourg! The Christmas tree is massive and it's really lovely! Again I can't comment on flights as we flew from Basel, Switzerland.
:) Nürnberg "Christkindelsmarkt " is one of the oldest Christmas markets in Germany . Very romantic , I'm sure you like it.
You get cheap flights with Airberlin from Stansted, if you book early .
Try http://www.airberlin.com/
Thank you for the information posted, I eventually found cheap flights with hlx.com, part of TIU, with good feedbacks, the flights are going up in price every day, but I have now booked them. Have also found what appears to be a good hotel, near Cologne Cathedral, run by an English lady, so thank you for the response, hope it may be of use to someone else.
:D
You won't be dissapointed with Cologne it is a wonderful city and the catherdral is wonderful.

Make sure you visit the medieval market one night, it costs 1 euro to get in, but is worth it.
It is located on the rhine.
Hi Dibley

I've booked easyjet flights from Liverpool to Cologne for 8 December. I've paid £71.50 each return. Don't how that compares to yours!

I'm looking at hotels now, preferably one right in the centre. What is the name of the hotel you have booked?
Hi there,
Have booked Manchester to Cologne return for 2 adults on Mon 11 Dec with hlx.com £94.74 for both of us, am using Buchholz Downtown Hotel, 450m away from the Cathedral, there is a tram that goes direct from Koln airport to the station nearby, but because we are arriving late Mon evening the hotel is booking us a taxi to pick us up for €20.
I have been corresponding via e.mail with the owner and I think she may be English, she has been very helpful. Hope this is of some use.
:D
Has anyone been to Frankfurt Christmas Market? I've just booked our flights for 8th December. Also can anyone recommend a central hotel for 3 nights?
mjl...........if you are looking for a reasonable priced hotel slap bang in the centre of Cologne, 200 mtrs from main train station (Hauptbhanhof) then try the Drei Koenige. Family run hotel offering B&B. Was so close the taxi would not take us. Went there last year and am going again. Some reports say that there's noise from the trains. I can honstly say we never heard one train go by. Approx €30 per night each.
Hi!

I hope someone can help me, i'm flying into Dusseldorf Weeze and plan on going to the Dusseldorf markets. Has anyone been to these ones?

Does anyone know how easy it is to get to Dusseldorf centre from weeze, all i can find is german websites with no option to change into English so i can't find out travel information!!

I wondered if Cologne market was better and if that is easily accessible from Weeze airport?
I am planning on travelling to a Christmas market in Hamburg at some point in December. I haven't actually been to one yet in Hamburg so I was wondering if any of you have and what do you think to it?[/i]
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.