Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
We currently only have one review HERE. If anyone can assist by posting a review, please do so via that link. Thanks :wink:

You'll find PDC resort reports HERE.

Pippy :D
Venza69, (for those who don't want to know about these apts, look away)
Myself and Mrs Ole have stayed at these apartments many times, in fact on our last 8 or 10 visits. We've also taken friends of ours there and now they're repeat visitors as well.
They're clean, simple, tidy and unpretentious and as you've already found out they're cheap and you can book them direct with the reception over the WWW.
The apartments are basic 2* with a bedroom with 2 single beds wardrobe (incl safe) and shelf space, a bathroom with bath/shower, basin, toilet, bidet, mirror and hairdryer. The main lounge has a small kitchenette area including 2 elec rings, toaster and coffeemaker and breakfast bar, and the furnished lounge has a TV (some charges). Each apt has a decent sized verandah or balcony with table and chairs and an all important clothes maiden.
The apartments are located either side of a quiet road, we prefer the 1st floor apartments on the side opposite the pool as they have a sea view.
The pool is good sized but note the shallow end is over 3ft deep. In fact these apartments are not really ideal for young kids and they're not generally rented as family accommodation, although there will obviously be families especially in Jul/Aug. The poolside areas are well tended (in fact some of the garden areas are quite spectacular) and the large pool bar is very well stocked and sells better than average snacks and basic meals.
There's 3 supermarkets within 2 mins walk. The main strip is less than 3 mins down a steep hill where there's a whole array of shops, bars and restaurants as well of course as the beach. The Biosfera center is under 10 mins walk and the old Town 2 mins beyond that.
As for PDC itself, it's certainly not ruled by 18-30s, and please ignore anyone who says it is, it's popular with all agegroups.. It's actually really laid back, restaurants start to close at 11pm and by 1 a.m. virtually every bar is closed and the streets are mostly deserted.
The main strip in PDC runs for 8km (?), Centro Atlantico is the area where the main nightlife is and runs for a mere 50 yards of it (hardly Magaluf !). Centro Atlantico has about 20 bars and clubs staying open to 3 or 4 a.m and there's occasional disco (2 I think, both with yards of Centro Atlantico) which stay open till 6 a.m.. You should try Centro Atlantico, it's is less than 10 mins from the apartments and it's not just 18-30s even there, there's some quite decent bars, notably Charlie's.
Cheers - Ole :)
Hi,

Can anyone (Ole Ole ;) ) advise just how steep the hill is up to these apartments ?

I've stayed up Calle Anzuela before and different people described that as steep, where I would describe it as a long incline getting steeper as you go up which was no problem. My friend had a knee op not long ago and we can't afford to have somewhere with a really steep hill to get up and down.

Also can anyone recommend a particular apartment number or block etc at the Jable for best situation.

TIA :tup
Well, have booked the apartments and requested a 1st floor apartment which I think will mean we're across the road from the main reception & pool with the added benefit of a sea view apparently due to the elevation..........just hope it's not too steep :think My heels and my friends poorly knee wont take it :rofl

Will try Ole on another of his regular haunts (Lanzarote forum) to see if he has the answer to the gradient of the hill and a particular apartment :tup
Hi,
I'm going at the end of July. I knew it was club 18-30 when I booked, as I booked it through them (cheapest way to do it) but I'm a bit worried about it now! Just wondered if anyone had stayed there recently and could tell me what it's like. I'm 21 and my boyfriend is 25, and although we like to go out and have a few drinks, we like to sleep when we get back to the apartment! I might pack my ear plugs just in case! :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.