Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
we took sterling...and hired a safe...there is a set rate for exchanging the money so no need to worry about the exchnge rate.
The hotel rooms are basic but clean..the pools are fantastic so is the beach..the entertainment isn't up to much...but we made our own fun..we enjoyed to food and even our fussy kids found something to eat...try the water sports very cheap and a real god laugh..anything else you want ask away...my piccies are in the skanes gallery take a look
Hope you have a fab time
hi all, im new to this hotel site. weve just changed our holiday from the kos aqua beach club (see its site) as it isnt even built yet and may not be when we were to go on 7th june. first choice have been fantastic as we have a 3 year old son and didnt want to end up in a building site or be cancelled with little notice and nowhere to fit in with a child. this is happening to a whole months worth of booking at kos up to 24th may.
they helped us change and even honoured our free child place as well as giving us a lovely refund of almost £400 and the sahara beach has more facilities.
we are now more happy as at least this one is built and has good reports.
the travel agent has just returned from there and couldnt speak highly enough of the place.
the a la carte restaurant is no longer but thats no problem as we prefer the buffet style dining anyway.we are open to try any types of food as we dont go away to eat fish and chips or typical english food as you may as well stay at home. why go to rome if you dont try what the romans eat?
anyway she told us of all the facilities and places to go. she said that a noddy train takes you to sousse and one to monastir courtesy of the hotel, do they still exist?
she said the little ones will love the zoo but the food which you pay little for is probably the only food they get.
there is also mention that the food and drink on the ship bar on the beach are not free, is this the case? as i thought the all inclusive covered this.
we are really glad we changed our holiday and look forward to going on 12th june. we are gratefull for any helpful tips or advise that will help us all enjoy this lovely hotel.
she said that you cant take tunisian money into or out of the country, is it easy to change and what is the best form to take (travellars cheques or sterling cash). any help would be appreciated.
Hi, we found it safer to take the cashpoint card and just use the atm machines which are in most places. just say how much you need in english pounds and they give you it back in tunisian dinars which is good, no worries on trying to explain how much you need. Although if you want to take pounds sterling then there are plenty of places and banks that will exchange this for you. Just change up little at a time though because you cant take it back out of the country when you leave. Yes there are still noddy trains and tuk tuks taking you from a to b which are an experience.
just bk from the sahars beach and wut can a say

in my opinion it has it gd points n bad points

all inclusive food>>>>>>very good for what i apyed
pools>>>>>>>>main pool shut....quite dissapointed bout that
staff>>>>>GRUMPY OLD MEN
rooms>>>>>decent
entertainment>>>>>>lion king is really gd

the sahara beach in my opinion is for familys

i cant really judge it that much as not much things were opened such as some bars?snack bars<the main pool<<

*Edit as per T&C please do not post in phone text Briar
i'm going to Skanes on the 19th of april (only 9 days to go), and i wondered if i can actually use my cash point card whilst i'm out there. I've read about people using their visa and mastercards but i wondered if i could use switch out there?
Has anyone come across this?
:D hi all, we are going june 11th instead of kos aqua beach club as it isnt built yet let alone open. we have read many reports and brochures as all the uk tour operators use this hotel. they all are very good and we are glad that we changed. we have a 3 year old and wondered if the camel safari rides are a good idea or not, and can anyone suggest good places to see and visit as we dont like to sit still for 2 weeks. i know this sounds weird for an all inclusive holiday but you have to try something before you can decide if you like it or not. i know it will be worth it for my sons ice cream and pop etc which cost you a fortune normally. any comments would be gratefully received. 8)
hi

we are goin sahara beach hotel end of may and wondered if anybody could tell me if there is a bank there?? if so can you get get using your card or do they just exchange english pounds for dinar. Does anybody know how close the closest atm is??

thanks in advance
Hiya,
I have just got back from Sahara Beach in Skanes (wot a fantastic holiday!!!) anyway I will be putting a general review on this website, but there are two things that are seriously bugging me at the moment.

At night in the main entertainment bar music was played, and there were two songs that seemed to be on repeat for the entire week we were there.

The one song sounded like ''pei pei - pei pei pei'' and was i think arabic - the entertainment guys would do a little dance to it, and it was normally played towards the end of the night when they would get all the drunken :roll: audience on the stage.

The second song sounded like a remix of 'Summer Jam' by the Underdogs, but it was sung in French or something similar.

I am absolutly gutted 'cos there was an opportunity to get the dvd with all the songs on, and we didn't get it 'cos it was like 10 english pounds (am really starting to regret that now)

Anyway if anyone knows what the hell i am talking about please please please reply 'cos its driving me insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Gemmy

I haven't been yet but go in 3 weeks :lol:. I have been in contact with somebody who has been and she told me that the sahara beach hotel always play The Bip Song :pele. This may be the one that you are after.

I have downloaded this song of you want a copy pls let me know.

Don't know about the french one sorry.
Hi :wave

For the last couple if years I've been looking at this hotel in the brochures and wondered if it was ok. I've read the reviews but the one thing that worries me is the food. Just looked in the brochure and the feedback on the food for last year wasn't all that good, which is worrying if its all inclusive. We're not a fussy lot for food, as long as theres something quite plain (chips are just great for us) then we're happy.

Also, do you get bothered on the beach, as my older kids like to go down to the beach ahead of us, and I don;t want them being hassled on their own.

Thanks
:D
*Edit merged to existing topic Briar
we went there last year...and had a fab time..The food was plentiful and plenty of choice the soups are delicious so are the desserts..my eldest daughter is really fussy but she found something different to eat every time.....
We went to the beach and had no problems just tell then NO and they go away ...that's what we found anyway.

Any other questions fire away :D
we could really do with some good vibes about this place, booked this holiday family room for 5, there is only 4 of us, got the confirmation of booking only to read the room would only take children up to 12 years and my oldest son is 13, so we had to cancel and change to 2 rooms, we now know that thomson do family room that take up to 4 adults and 1 child so we tried to change back and it was gonna cost another £800 for a room!!!!! so we haven`t had much luck with this holiday, not looking forward so i need to read something good about this place
just got back this morning, its a nice hotel and worth the 3 star rating, no more no less. Really good for kids the gardens and pools are gorgeous and big too. Always something going one around the entertainment pool. Plenty of sun loungers but if you want a specific place i recommend 7.00am to put towels out. If you need anymore info just let me know perhaps email me i will try to help. Unfortunately cant help with the room situation as there was only 3 of us but i did hear people say they had interconnecting rooms
The boat shaped beach bar at the Sahara, are drinks/snacks there included in all inclusive price?

Thanks in advance
Sarah
Hi there.
In a word NO.They have to be paid for.If you are taking kids with you, keep an eye on them in the water, my daughter got stung twice by jellyfish last year.

Davie
Thanks! No kids coming - just hubby and I :)
Has anyone recently been here ?
This will be my second time in Tunisia, we stayed in Yasmine Hammamet in July 2008 and really loved it !!
We have just booked to go to the Sahara Beach for 2 weeks in July 2009 we have 3 children who will be 7, 9 and 12.
I cant wait to go !!!!! :D :cheers
Just be careful dear, you may finish up as a Tunisian obsessive like a few others of us on here. :wink: I've never stayed in that hotel, nor indeed in Skanes, as I usually go to Sousse, but it has had some good reviews and I'm sure you'll have a lovely time, though July will be extremely hot as I'm sure you know if you were in Yasmine Hammamet this year. It is just beginning to cool down a bit now which is just as well for me, as I'm back to Sousse in a couple of weeks.
Thanks for the reply !!
I had the holiday blues really terrible for about 4 weeks after my holiday because i enjoyed it so much !!! Tunisia is such a beautiful place and really lovely people.
Im so excited about my holiday next year but it wont come round fast enough lol

well if anyone has any advice on this resort then ide be very gratefiul to hear it, thank you xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.