Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Want some info
359 Posts
lynzheaton
Are you going alone? or with friends?
hi there, only 4 months to go, soooo excited just starting to plan what I need to take. So...... :D
Can anyone tell me if there is a kettle and cups in the hotel room?
And what voltage do they use?
Thanks
i am going with partner we r 18 and 20
my sister and her freinds have been to tunisia for many years and have no problems
We are going to the sahara in July.
Hope you have a fab time, let us know how it went :fly
Although I haven't stayed in this Hotel, I would think that there won't be a kettle in your room. I haven't visited a hotel in Tunisia yet that supplied
kettles, unless you are staying in an apartment hotel.
Thanks for the reply....didn't think there would be a kettle but just wanted to double check.
Forgot to add that its 220vollts
Hi,been think about booking this hotel from 28th dec for 7 nights, with my hubby & 2 kids 10 & 7. Looks great in the brochure !!
Any info would be a great help, never been to tunisia before, Has anyone stayed here over new year ??
Will there be lots for kids to do, if the weather not that great ?
Are there any shops,restuarants nearby?
Any ifo would be much appreciated
we are going for the first time in july so can't answer all your questions.
I think the weather is a bit hit and miss that time of year, and by the looks of things the resort of skanes is mainly the beach and hotels.
Obviously as soon as we go and come back will post any feedback on here.
check out this link for a view of the hotel.....

http://www.iberostar.com/
Also you can view a video on the thomson website as well
http://www.thomson.co.uk/po/index.jsp

happy hols, hope you get more info that you need.
For my job I have stayed in a fair few hotels in my time and fully appreciate the fact that some places are slightyly more down troden that others. Usually this adds to the atmostphere.

I have NEVER been in a hotel like this, its possibly the most disgusting place I have set foot in. The staff are rude, its plastic everywhere, its SO noisy you cant think (this is coming from a 27), Its scummy... The pool area and gardens are nice.

PLease PLEASE if this is your only holiday change it... There are over 3000 poeple in this hotel at one time and you know it. A fog of smoke welcomes you when you walk in and the staff just try to sleep with you 24/7.
Ladyodell

My sentiments exactly, it's dreadful.
Patka
Hi,

I visited this hotel for a week last year. All I can say is that I was VERY happy I did not book the holiday for two weeks! I was very relived to get home!

The rooms, pools and restaurant were dirty, the food was not nice either. The staff I found to be a little unhelpful - to the exception of a few who we made friends with.

As an all inclusive holiday - I would not recommend. I was absolutely disgusted by the dirty enclosure claiming to be a 'zoo'. This was terrible! The animals looked positively miserable and very very cramped. I actually have a video recording of some Tunis employees tormenting and hitting a poor monkey. Absolutely terrible.

We took a few day trips - (El Djem - which was interesting, but go round with the guide!) (Bedouin Feast Night - which I LOVED thought this was fantastic and highly recommend it) and we visited a few other cities on our own.

Port-El-Kantoui was beautiful - the harbour is lovely and you can have a bit of haggling - without feeling too under pressure!

However, the day trip to Sousse has to be the worst day I had! Felt continually under fire from store owners, and one refused to let us leave the shop. I was not a fan of Sousse at all - felt it was verty claustrophobic and was actually a little frightened at times!

Went horseriding on the beach and really enjoyed this. The horses are beautiful (just ensure you tell them before hand what level of rider you are, as I had to swap half way throught he trek!) Went off for a gallop on my own with the instructor and was offered a 'very special' deal to go for another ride with him. Refused this 'offer' but seemed like a decade before my boyfriend came plodding along on his very slow horse... So perhaps still with your friends if you are going on a horse trek!

Tunisia is lovely, but as I mentioned before not fond of this hotel or Sousse.

Have a great holiday!!

Keira
Ive posted loads of things about this hotel.. There are no words for it.. its just disgusting.. Im not being a snob either. I have been travelling and had better times staying in a tent.. Its horrid dont do it.

They need to knock it down and start again....
Ladyodell, Keira888, Patka
Hi there have you posted your opinions on the hotel review section and if so could you tell me when you went? so I can read your reviews.
Thanks
Hi
I went in March 20th.. Tunisia itself is lush and interesting. Its just you feel like your being fleeced in this hotel. Its so noisy and the staff are disgusting. Its an ok base but not somewhere you even enjoy a drink before you have dinner its basically butlins in Tunisia.

We were saved by the 2 day Sahara Trip, you go to El Gem, etc. Its a must you have to go.
thanks for replying.
Welshoney,
We were staying next door at the Skanes el hana and met with many 'refugees' who had come from the Sahara Beach to have a decent drink in clean and comfortable surroundings, we didn't belief that it could be as bad as they said so went to find out for ourselves. Looked everywhere for somewhere to have a drink that was anything like half-decent and failed. Found a bar, ordered 2 drinks, they were terrible,served by miserable staff in a very scruffy in fact dirty environment in plastic glasses. There is no way I would put my foot over the threshold ever again even if someone was to pay me to do it.
thank you for your thoughts
I went in March last year.......it didn't help as the weather was horrible - so couldn't even escape to the beach!

I would recommend the trips - very interesting & a nice break from the hotel.

Good Luck if you have booked the Sahara Desert!

Keira x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.