Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
As you so rightly say, people's tasts vary, but I would definitely go for the Marhaba in Sousse. It is in fact the only one of the three which I have stayed in, but my opinion is based on a somewhat different criteriua. Firstly they are not near eachother, particularly the one in Skanes, where there is nothing to do except visit the other hotels in the area or get a taxi to somewhere else, as there is nothing in Skanes except hotels. The Jinene is quite a way from the centre of Sousse, where you can visit the Medina, the Sula Centre (fixed price shop) and get trains, metro and buses to other areas. Although taxis etc. are cheap and walking is good for you, I prefer not to have to do too much. The Marhaba is part of a large complex and you can use the facilities of all of them, including the pools, snack bars and evening entertainment . I haven't stayed there in the last couple of years so can't comment on the food but no doubt other may be able to give you more information. There are also quite a few nice restaurants in Sousse if you fancy a change.

Click on the link below for a map of Sousse which will let you see where most of the hotels are. If you have any further queries don't hesitate to ask.

http://img41.exs.cx/img41/3136/soussekaartgroot6bs.jpg
Cheers asleema but going by your own map the Jinene and Marhaba aint that far apart and the thalassa in Skanes isnt very far either from sousse just 10 mile away. not bothered about where we are as I like walking a lot and have no fear of using public or private transport.

More interested in condition of the hotels and quality of the food as we dont have a lot of money to take with us this year so will be eating in the hotel apart from lunches.

Thanks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.