Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
We are once again returning to Tunisia in September! Will be 4th Time :)
Also Sept 4th. Returning to the Abou Sofiane in PEK, for the 3rd time. :tup :cheers
Going for the first time with my wife on 27th March. Staying in Sousse at Maharaba Royal salem or words to that effect. First time ever going all inclusive as well. We cancelled a trip to Portugal in favour of Tunisia from what I have read here on the site. Hope we are not disappointed!!
Hi Graham,

Fantastic! Many thanks indeed for the links to those great pics!!

Pete
I got back from Sousse on Saturday and will put my report on when I have a spare minute. I will say now however that everything was absolutely fine. There are obviously some signs of the recent problems, as in the main supermarket (Magasin General) in Sousse, which had been burned down and was being rebuilt, but otherwise everything was getting back to normal, with tourists very welcome, especially in the medina.
Aslemma - good to know you had a good time and cannot wait for your "on the spot" report :rofl
I've put it on Anne, both on the Marhaba Royal Salem and Sousse itself. It was a great relief to see everything getting back to normal.
Just read your reports (good) - having read lots of "returnees" reports on other forums its obvious that the Tunisians need the tourists back. However the UK tourists will have a problem even trying to go back with the way both T Cook and Thomsons treat their customers! Think it will be independent travelling if we want to go back again (apart from our T Cook shambles in May - just glad we have kept in touch with the hotel manager - I just foresee more problems but hey ho! will never travel with TC again). So glad you had a good time and our turn next - 6 weeks today!). Did the Argan work?? ;)
Thanks Anne, Argan is certainly lovely stuff, though I have probably left it too late by a decade or so to get the full benefit of it. :rofl I haven't done a TC package for some time (or any other for that matter) but it has sometimes been necessary to use their flights. It seems however that they have pulled out of Stansted, at least as far as Tunisia is concerned, and only Thomsons are shown as flying from there to Enfidha for the summer. Bring back Nouvelair Tunisie - all is forgiven!!
Hi - Returning to Tunisia after 11 years (went on our honeymoon). We are going with our 5 yr old daughter and will be staying at the First Choice Holiday Village. I know its new as a holiday village, but has anyone been yet this year - not sure when it opened. Cant wait to go back to Tunisia, we loved it the first time - cant believe it was so long ago. :)
The new Holiday Village just opened a few days ago so their is not much info yet, if anybody can add a review please do so here http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/

If you have pictures remember you can easily add them to your media gallery via the link at the top of the page.

http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/holidays/tunisia-holidays/hammamet/holiday-village-manar/

Thanks
Graham
Returning to Tunisia after a five year gap going to the Iberostar Avverroes Yasmine Hammamet this time, went to Skanes last time, seven weeks and counting :wave:
Hope you have a lovely time and I'm sure you will have a very warm welcome from the Tunisians.
hi me & the wife
off to houda beach skanes on 5/june
1st time in tunisia
any tips .local info will be helpfull
ta chris
All the usual things of course, such as to remember to 'negotiate' prices almost everywhere, particularly with taxi drivers and in the medinas in Sousse and Monastir. 'La, ghali barcha' means 'no, too expensive' :rofl You will find other useful phrases here on HT if you want to give yourselves a head start. The mausoleum at Monastir is well worth visiting as is the Medina and port, but there is not a lot to do in Skanes itself as it is mostly hotels. It is, however, cheap and easy to get to other places.
5 days to go ! and the weather showing signs of being a bit lovely :)
Have a lovely time Anne and I think the weather is going to be gorgeous. :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.