Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
A P I
133 Posts
not sure, i booked some seat yesterday with easy jet to istanbul and i had to do this api, but ive got flights booked with them for dalaman and no where does it say to do it,so im very confused by this also
Throughout 2009, the UK Government will implement its requirement for Advanced Passenger Information from all passengers travelling internationally into and out of the UK. This is being rolled out on a route by route basis over the coming year.
It looks as though the onus is on the airline your booked with to advise whether you need to supply it or not.

This has some useful info and good links for info:
http://www.flyingabroad.co.uk/Advice/Advance-Passenger-Information.aspx

Further info about Turkey API:
http://www.oag.com/travel-news/oag-travel-news/24/advanced-passenger-information-uk-requirements-from-2009/

I have to admit I haven't been asked for API to Turkey and we only booked with Thomson a few weeks ago to travel in October, I suspect that some airlines aren't on the ball as far as this info being required since March 2009 :que
**I just checked the Thomson website and they collect the API at check in at no charge as it is required for Turkey since March**
Miss Chief,

I posted this for someone in the Thomson Flights forum.

I looked on the Thomson website and they say its done at check-in, 1/2 down the page on this link is the info.

http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/faqs/flights/checking-in.html

Angie.
Went with Thomas cook 28th August to 4th September it wasent done at all.
It may be taken, but you may not be aware of it as the information they need is taken from the booking/online form and passport scan.

luci :wave
Feeling bored , a lazy Sunday afternoon , started to read my booking info picked up last w/e . Booked Turkey for late July .
See I have to do some more 'work' :duh
1st year filling a API online form.

Will require a holiday soon :rofl
I am sure this was required last October but was done at check in.
I wonder how people will give this information if they havent got access to a computer?
Sorry, I've had to remove your post due to copyright as you cut/pasted the section in. Please provide a link to the page you are refering to or summerise in your own words. Thanks. This is the link to the API section on Thomas Cooks website; Advance Passenger Information. Dazbo HT Mod

That was cut/paste from T.C. web site.
We had to give API with Easyjet last summer. I guess if you don't have access to a computer you can do it through the travel agency you booked with, if not you would have to do it at the airport.
This was required for last year,we flew with onurair,booked with aegeanflights,and the information was automatically done at check in.I havnt read anything about it on their website for this year.
This was required for last year,we flew with onurair,booked with aegeanflights,and the information was automatically done at check in.I havnt read anything about it on their website for this year.

It was the same for us, I even enquired with Aegeanflights just in case last year and they told me that it was all done at checkin by swiping the passports through a reader, I have hear no different for this year.

Dave
We had to provide API with Easyjet this year
Was just checking the booking I had made for the family with flythomascook and the API is required from 20th January this year for entry to Dalaman airport. Came across it almost accidently at the bottom of a page! The latest you can post the information before your flight/holiday is seven days and the earliest is three months before departure. Didn't even think about it myself as I thought it was only required for USA. According to the Thomas Cook site, if you have booked more than seven days before departure and haven't provided the API, you may be refused entry or delayed at the airport, as the staff will only concentrate on people who have booked less than 7 days before departure! ( :tongue ). I really think that the holiday company's should be giving us more warning/information about this. By the looks of the information on the website it is for every uk departure but I could be wrong about that. Just thought I'd pass the info along.
We must also fill in the API before we travel to Cyprus in June with Firstchoice.
this is has been running now for quite a while it just makes your check in time quicker and enables the airline to forward passenger detetails for added security there is nothing to worry about unless of course you have something to hide
:sun2
I went to Thomas Cook travel agent today to pay for my May holiday and asked if they could fill in the API details for me,but they said they couldnt do it and it can only be done online. They said it has to be done at least 7 days before departure and can NOT be done at check in.They said you can be refused boarding if it has not been filled in. :yikes The TC website is http://www.thomascookapi.com.
I also filled in my API details for my March holiday with Thomson.
  • Edited by Jay Trip 2010-02-05 22:44:01
can NOT be done at check in

Cant be right, its not compulsory even to own a computer yet!

Can see you having ?? going to another desk , but there will be a way .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.