Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: A P I
133 Posts
Darren,I did think there must be a way of doing it at the airport and when I asked the agent how someone supplied this information if they didnt own a computer the said "Go to the library"!
I supplied the info on line to both Thomas Cook and Thomson for my forthcoming holidays.
Reading the Thomas Cooks website certainly makes you want to supply the information before departure as they do mention it could result in you being denied boarding. :yikes
as they do mention it could result in you

The BIG word is COULD

I think it would have hit the media big time if a family had been denied
access to a plane .
I paid my flights with A1 travel yesterday and they are not aware of this coming into effect yet
I have been following this post with interest. Because of mixed stories have decided to look into this re my forthcoming holidays to Portugal and Marmaris.

Firstly Phoned Thomas Cook yesterday who have assured me that I will NOT have to complete a form for arrival in Faro. I have since emailed them again so I have their comments in writing as opposed to verbal.

Then I emailed Aegean last night and this was their reply:
"We are aware of the new advanced passenger information requirements and are currently working on updating our websites and systems to allow for this. You will be contacted shortly and be given instructions on how to log onto our website and enter the appropriate information. Thank you for your enquiry and for contacting Aegean Flights".

This might be of interest to anyone travelling to either destination.
morh,

Have you tried logging in to Thomas Cooks website? This is where API information is given. That's obviously no use if you're flying with Aegean to Turkey so I'm sure they'll have their own system set up for the summer. Airlines and agents have had plenty of time to sort all this out, it was known nearly 12 months ago this was coming in to effect.

Darren
I am going with A1 Travel, when i spoke to them they said they were not aware of this
Hi Darren

Thanks for your reply.

Believe it or not I have tried every day, numerous times a day, to complete an API online on the Thomas Cook website. Eventually I phoned them and they said there is a problem with the website and there IT people are on to it. For the benefit of others my experience was that when logging into the API part it continually took you through to the part to book seats. Anyway Thomas Cook holiday is flying into Faro in a few weeks time and TC have assured me that the form is NOT needed. Watch this space tho!!

As for Aegean well I have posted their reply on the forum. Its all a bit confusing at the moment and I am sure that some people wont even have heard of API yet.

Thanks again.
Darren

This is from the Thomas Cook website:

EDIT: Sorry, I've had to remove your pasted paragraph for copyright reasons. Feel free to provide the link however. Dazbo HT Mod

I dont agree with this, not the actual API, but the fact that people are having to do this on their own. A little bit worrying for people who are not computer literate dont you think?
morh wrote:
I dont agree with this, not the actual API, but the fact that people are having to do this on their own. A little bit worrying for people who are not computer literate dont you think?

Yes, but also refer to my post at the top of the page. Security is a high priority and with the vast majority of passengers having internet access these days, or friends and family that have to assist, it's the easiest method of implimenting it. There's a further update on Thomas Cooks website. I did mine a couple of weeks ago for travelling in March. It litterly took 2 minutes for 3 passengers.

Darren
I found this on the DirectGov website, it may be of interest to anyone who isn't sure about API:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/TravellingAbroad/AirTravel/DG_176737

Kedi
Thomas Cooks website for the API is https://www.thomascook.com/customer-services/api-airlines/
I was given this site by the TC travel agent as she said they did not have access to this site.
Hi jaytrip

Thanks for that info. I have infact been trying to use that website to register API for over a week now [without success]. Wonder if anyone else travelling with Thomas Cook has experienced difficulty with this site. When you enter lead name and booking ref it takes you through to next screen saying order extras or register for API. It only lets you book seats which I dont want to do but wont let me progress further with API ???? Any comments appreciated.
i have just been on a filled the api in ...
A1 travel said I dont need to do it :think
Travelling with Saga Airlines through Travel Patrol, they said I don't have to fill in any API - I'm confused :think
Hi can anyone help me with this. I have been going to Turkey for past 10 years and I am going again in June but have heard through a friend who also goes regularly that you have to fill a form in at least 3 weeks before you go or you may not be allowed in to the country. I went into THOMAS COOK travel agent who said if I had booked with themI could fill it in on line, but I have booked with an independant travel agent and on enquiring with them they hadn;t heard of this, anyone else heard this.

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
Look at the post entited API for information about this.

JAK xx
Go to thomascookapi.com to fill in your details.
I was told by Thomas cook that it has to be done on line by the passengers between 3 months and 7days before travel.
They told me you could be refused boarding if you did not fill it in :yikes
This may not be true but I filled my form in on line just to be sure.
There is a lot of confusion about this. I have just booked flights with Easyjet for August and we were able to fill in our API forms then, which is obvioulsy more than 3 months away. Other travel companies say you can fill the forms in at the airport. The only reason they would stop you from boarding though is if you refuse to fill in the form. I think they just want everyone to do it before they go or it will hold things up at check in.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.