Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Alanya info needed
119 Posts
Hey what do you want to know about it?? I've got an apartment over there so i'll be glad to help ya with what ya want to know :)
hi turkeygirl do you rent your flat out
No i dont rent it out. I don't actually own it. It's my families
I say it would get good bit of money if we did rent it.. Just thinkin now cause its beside the beach and facing onto it :) Hmm i might advise the folks lol
Hi has anyone been to Alanya, I'm going there for 2 weeks in June and would like to know how it differs for Marmaris if it does or are they similar. thanks :lol:
Hi,

Alanya is much bigger than Marmaris. Its also a lot warmer too :) Unless you mind there being too many Germans around you should have a good holiday :) I myself even feel like I am in a foreign country when I go to Alanya :)
I have been to Alanya, but haven't been to Marmaris. It is a lovely place. It is quite a large city/town, which is split in 2 by a massive hill with a castle on top. I managed to walk up this hill, but had to get a taxi down!! :lol:

There are plenty of shops selling gifts and cheap clothes, and plenty of market stalls. Plenty of bars and restaurants by the harbour, you'll have plenty of choice.

The beaches are excellent and very clean, and lovely white sand. Also, in the summer, I believe that it is slightly warmer along the mediterranean coast than the agean coast.
Thanks for your replys can you tell me does Alanya have a bazzar like Marmaris does, as my kids love buying the cheap clothes as they are teenagers, also are there boat trips you can go on for the day and how much is a boat trip.
thanks again 8)
:D

Hi Perrydog,

I go to Alanya every year, usually twice a year as I have many friends there. I absolutely love the place. The nightlife is completely different to Marmaris, it is still a very lively place (especially the harbour). There are lots of Scandanavian and German people there but to tell the truth it really doesn't make any difference to me.

I prefere Alanya because I think there is more of a range of things to do. You can find nice quiet bars and restarants or you can hit the lively clubs and bars and stay out till 6 in the morning.If you are staying near the harbour there is so much to do.

I would definitely recommend taking a boat trip with one of the many boats in the harbour and also visiting Dim Cay river. make sure you don't pay a lot for anything and like Marmaris haggle with every price. Cleopatra beach is the best beach, small pebbles not sand but I actually prefer this.

If you want any specific info just ask, ten years of going there has given me plenty to talk about!!
Just read your other message,

Boat trips are quite cheap, usually about £20 for the day (i think, we get a special deal from a friend of ours!!)

There is a fairly big market - Not quite the size of the one in Marmaris but there are plenty of shops everywhere. Your children won't be disapointed!!
Thanks again for the replies and so quick as well, I'm staying in the Margarita Appartments not sure of there location do you know? Its my first time to Alanya usually go to Marmaris and was begining to think I have made a mistake, but you all have helped me no end. thanks.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hi, Don't think I know that hotel - I have just tried to look it up so that i could give you more info on the exact location of where you are staying but I can't seem to find it!!!

No matter where you are in Alanya you can get around easy enough by bus or taxi. We always stay right near the harbour but we have stayed further out too and it's just as good.
We go to Alanya and stay in -Mahmutlar every year its a wonderful place.Its very hot in August,and there are lots to do and see in the area
From what I can gather, the hotel is not in Mahmutlar. I think it is near Cleopatra Beach, west Alanya.

If this is the case then you are fairly close to the main Harbour. There are lots of shops in this area. The main Market is situated a few streets back from the harbour.

Alanya is a rather large place though and you will find many things to explore.
I have just got back from Alanya at the weekend. We had a great time.

We were staying in Oba. 10-15 minutes from centre of Alanya. Wasn't as busy as Alanya Centrum.
The people were lovely. Good nightlife. Bars were good - decent music. Men were gorgeous - shame i'm married.
Food was great. The hotel Mitos i stayed in was also nice. Basic but clean and staff were friendly
I found a brilliant hairdresser there. i would recommend a visit to them.They are based in Oba and it is called Kiki Coiffeur. The owner is a young guy called Ramazan. Give excellent massages in their.

I will definately go back there.

Nus
hi nus i remember your earlier post asking about alanya...i've been wondering if you had a good time.Said you would ...and nice to know all was well.
Hi Nus

Glad you had a great time

A&L
I am off to Alanya on the 19th June and hope I have as good a time as you had. Never been before to that part of Turkey so looking forward to the holiday. no long to go now :lol: :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.