Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
is this where you all sit on the floor???
do you also have to wiggle your hips n bot to the floor??

we had a dance in Ibiza

Mark
angiebabes Please do not post in phone text style ie 'u' for you and 'yr' for your. This is against our rules of posting as displayed in your reply box.

Rules Of Posting:

1) Do NOT post in all CAPITALS - Your post WILL be deleted.
2) Do NOT post in TXT message style - Your post WILL be deleted.
3) Do NOT post in COLOURED/LARGE fonts in the holiday resort forums - Your post WILL be deleted

Thanks.
is it 'Ooops upside your head'???? :?
No you don't have to sit on the floor.its a turkish song i think.It has kiss in it..lol...My minds gone blank. :D
is it one that the children dance to or is it more a dance track - brought a few cds back with me - sounds like the "club dance" they did round the pool at the mirage.
Yep, its Tarkan "Kiss Kiss" -

"Simarik" is the title in Turkish.

Elaine
Can anyone help? I am just back from Marmaris & in every bar you went in you heard this song which had a kind of whistling chorus, which everyone would blow thier whistles too.... Does anyone know what its called? Also looking for the names of some of the other popular songs...

Thank H
when we went years back we had

Follow mi leader (da roof, da roof, da roof is on fire)

and

Kiss Kiss (later covered by Holly Valance)
yipeee, thats it.thanks everyone!!! :lol:
Oh My god.. kiss kiss is soooo old?
Kiss kiss is old now but everyone still loves to hear it as it reminds them of Turkey. Tarkans Kiss kiss was being played for about 5 years before Holly Valance covered it.
Can anyone help? I am just back from Marmaris & in every bar you went in you heard this song which had a kind of whistling chorus, which everyone would blow thier whistles too.... Does anyone know what its called? Also looking for the names of some of the other popular songs...

Is it The Whistle Song? It just has a rather annoying whistling tune, I don't think it has many words? :)
I've come back from Marmaris about 2 weeks ago..and of course Tarkan is not popular there this year. Here are several songs from the CD "Summer MIX Marmaris 2005" which you could hear everywhere, in every bar:
Don Omar - Dale don Dale (this one is the most popular)
Caroline Marguez - The killer song
50 Cent Feat Olivia - Candy shop
WightField - Saturday night

May be they are not the same songs you are looking for, nevertheless they are very popular this year there :roll:
Don Omar - Don Dale Don is a great tune!!!

Trust me you will hear it everywhere in Turkey!!! I had to download it when I got home just so I could hear it and think of Alanya!!!

You still hear a lot of Tarkan but I think (in the clubs especially) they are moving more with the times than they used to. Lots of American/British music.

And of course a few european "greats" thrown in!!!
Jennifer...bloody....lopez...owa o o o owa o o o....
Tarkan - sikidim ! what memories!! that was everywhere in Turkey when I was there in 1992. Thanks for the reminder name though - jsut been and found a free download on the web. listening to it is bringing back lots of memories!

Claire
ive just got back from marmaris and i kept hearing a song that said something like.......

I can still remember..... when we met on the beach
na na na na na na na na na yeah! na na na na nahhhh

I know thats a little vague but thats all i can remember, but we heard it everywhere!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.