Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
What is the weather like during early June in Dominican Republic?
robrymond,

Hot and humid normally. There's lots of weather information on Wunderground.

Darren
Cheers, I'd read mixed reports about being rainy season and hurricane season, but it appears that is much later.
robrymond,

The huricane season runs from May to November and can occur at any time so there's a risk with the weather at that time of year. Huricanes have mainly been in August - October in recent years but always bear in mind June is still in the huricane season. June has an average rainfall of 3 inches so is one of the wetter months, but not overly wet when you're from the UK and consider we had more than that in an afternoon the other week! You'll tend to find rain comes in short, sharp burst in that part of the world so it's easily avoided and not too much of a show stopper if you're unlucky to have a few showers. I prefer my Caribbean holidays in March (in the process of booking my next one!) as I find the weather to be more pleasant with lower humidity and generally more settled weather.

Darren
Went to Mexico last January, quite cold first four nights. ooking at beginning of March, any comments re evening temps that time of year please, or anywhere else
bejay,

Which part of Mexico? I'm assuming you mean the Caribbean coast rather than the Pacific? March is my favourite time to visit the Caribbean region as the weather is generally settled and the temperatures just nice. Expect around late 20's (historical average 29c) through the day and early 20's in the evening (historical average 20c) for March. I'll be on the beach and under the waves in 5 week :cheers
Darren
thanks will think about it, niice the nights being warmer
Could someone please give me an idea of the temperature in Mexico this time of year? I know it's likely to be hot but is it likely to be unbearably so, with the humidity too? Thanks.
Hi me and my partner have booked to go to Cancun at the beginning of December this year and was wondering what the weather was actually like this time of year?
:sun2 can anyone tell me what the weather is like in october please
i am taking my wife to ocho rios 8th may for 2 weeks as a surprise for our 15th wedding anniversary,and have just looked at a 15 day forecast,and it give thunderstorms most of the next 15 days.is anyone over there at the moment
Rest assured that I am sure you will be fine. When we went to Negril in February the forecast was the same and the weather was fantastic and really hot for 2 weeks. We had a shower for an hour on the last day. There was times that we sitting on the beach and occasionally there was a couple of drops of rain for a few minutes and that was it. Go enjoy Jamaica and don't worry about the weather.
thank you weller girl,i am sure all will be fine.we went to cancun the 16th - 30th may last year,and forecasts i read in advance were not very good,but we had an hour of rain 1 day and the rest of the holiday was a scorcher.my wife suspects we are returning to cancun this time :rofl
Hurricane warnings for Caribbean

Hurricane warnings have been issued across the Caribbean, including popular holiday hotspots.

Forecasters have warned that Tropical Storm Irene could develop into a hurricane before making landfall in the Dominican Republic today.

Carnival Cruise Lines and Royal Caribbean International have been forced to switch their Caribbean itineraries as the storm approaches the region.

The northern coast of the Dominican Republic has issued a hurricane warning while the south coast of the island is expecting a tropical storm.

Hurricane warnings are also in place for Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands, the British Virgin Islands, central Bahamas, Haiti, the southeastern Bahamans and the Turks and Caicos Islands.

Forecasters at the National Hurricane Center in Miami expect Hurricane Irene to pass near Puerto Rico and make landfall in the Dominican Republic today.

So far, Irene has maximum sustained winds of up to 70 mph.

According to the five-day forecast, by Wednesday and Thursday the storm is expected to reach Florida and the southeastern US.

Floridians have been advised to closely monitor its progress.

With permission from Travelmole
Hurricane Irene gains strength

Hurricane Irene is set to intensify as it heads towards the Turks and Caicos Islands and the Bahamas.

The hurricane is the first of the Atlantic season and yesterday passed over the Dominican Republic, causing heavy downpours and strong winds.

The category two hurricane earlier led to a state of emergency being imposed in the US Virgin Islands, while other Caribbean islands were also affected.

Carnival Cruise Lines and Royal Caribbean International were forced to change their Caribbean itineraries to avoid the storm.

So far, tourist hotels in affected islands have remained open, but holidaymakers have been advised to check with their travel company.

On Monday, Irene knocked out power to more than half the island of Puerto Rico and affected water supplies to more than 100,000 people.

The governor of Puerto Rico, Luis Fortuno, has asked the US government to declare Puerto Rico a disaster area so it could gain access to emergency funds.

The storm is set to reach Florida by the weekend.

Hurricane heading for Mexican resorts

A hurricane is heading towards Belize and Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula and could hit the popular resort of Cancun by the end of this week.

Hurricane Rina is currently a category 1 storm but the US National Hurricane Centre fears that it is strengthening to a Category 3, with winds of more than 120 mph.

The Cayman Islands have been told to expect 5-10cm of rain.

A Nicaraguan navy vessel evacuating coastal residents has gone missing with 27 people on board.

Rina is already causing widespread disruption to parts of Central America and around 100 people have been killed in torrential downpours.

Been to Mexico early Jan, day weather good, some evenings cold. March good. Looking at early Feb, any comments on what to expect. Need warm evenings
I have been to Curaçao in September / October and weather was outstanding with a little bit of clouds and tiny bit of rain. The ABC-islands are supposed to be free of heavy storms.
We are looking to travel in January to Cuba,or Mexico.

What is te weather like,we always travel in June.Are the hotels busy in this month.

Thanks,,
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.