Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi

We did this trip in November and it was sweltering. You do need socks, trainers, long trousers, long sleaved top and extra underwear. (We were there for an extra night as the pilots were late to pick us up)

I only took sandals and my feet got bitten like they've never been bitten before.

Best trip I've ever done in my life.
Thanks for the advice. I was considering taking sandals but I'll definitely opt for trainers instead.

Any suggestions as to how much spending money I'll need to take would be appreciated (me and my partner). I don't want to have to carry around more than neccessary.

Also, how safe is it to take a Camcorder/Camera? Is there anywhere to keep them as we walk through the falls?

Thanks again.
You don't really need much money. Can't remember exactly how much we took but I think £50 is plenty.

We took our camera with us (plus an underwater camera). They collect all your belongings (including clothes) and put them in waterproof plastic bags. One of the lads from the village takes them through for you so you have the camera on the other side.

(I assume you're talking about El Sapo falls).
Thanks so much. I'm really looking forward to the trip and from what I've read on this forum I won't be disappointed!

(yeah I did mean El Sapo!)
where are you staying? We've been twice & stayed at Costa Caribe & Laguna Mar.

look here for more info http://www.margaritaislandguide.com
Thanks for the link. I am staying at the Dunes for a fortnight from 28th September and can't wait!
Hi

Can anyone tell me if the Angel falls trip is suitable for children or if they are even allowed. By the time we would consider going ours would be 9 and 12.

Thanks very much

Pam
Hi Pam

Yes the trip is suitable for children, the only problem might be when going through the El Sapo falls, it's like walking through a hurricane - FANTASTIC :lol:

If required the children can wait safely at the end of the falls for your return back through.

If you are going during the rainy season (May-October) there is obviously a large volume of water however if you are going out with this time the volume is not nearly as great and it is easier to walk through the falls, plus in the drier season you walk through one way and cross back over the top of the falls for your return.

If you have the open type walking sandle these are ideal for the waterfall and try to take a pair of dry trainers for later as you will get soaked.

I have a couple of picture of the falls HERE

This is a fantastic trip and well worth the money.

Graham
Thanks very much Graham. I must admit I really fancy it- it would be good to give the girls a trip to remember. We went to Mexico this year, which we all loved, so it needs to be something good to equal it!!

I'm sure this question should be under another topic, but how does Margarita go as far as risk of hurricanes? We went at Easter this year but it can be very difficult trying to work the flights around school holidays.

Thanks again for your help, it's much appreciated :D

Pam
Hi Pam

Margarita is south of the main hurricane belt and never really gets hit by hurricanes, the most that tends to happen is a tropical storm which is a bit of a breeze, slightly overcast and a heavy down pour of rain, followed by :sun

I wouldn't worry about the weather to much.
:wave all just back from margarita on july 21st ...went to angel falls and table mountian all I can say is you have to see it to belive it ...it was beautiful... :D we did the jungle trip aswell and it was unbeliveable.the place where you stay was better than I expected :D you have your own bathroom .....if anyone needs more info please p/m me (colleen)
Or better still, post here on the forum :wink:

Pippy :D
I apologise if this has already been covered but how much is it roughly for the overnight Angel Falls trip??
Hi Maryann

I've merged your post with this topic which you should find useful :wink:

Pippy :D
Irishcolleen - could you tell me more about your trip please? Cost, who you booked with etc?

You can book your trip through your rep.
If possible book to go on the trip as soon as you can when you get to MI as spaces are very limited and get fully booked very fast.

Your rep will give you all the information and the prices that FC charge are just about the same as every other company charges.
First Choice guarantee that if you book the day of your welcome meeting there will be a available place. I think the cost for the trip is around £230
More up to date pricing......
Delta Canaima 2 days/1 night = 855,700 Bolivares (roughly £210)
Canaima 1 day trip = 619,200 Bolivares (roughly £150)
Just got back from MI, spoke to one couple who booked 2 day trip to Angel Falls 4 days before they were due to fly home!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.