Other Destinations Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in other destinations. Inc Brazil, Australia, New Zealand.
what a great report! I really must try outwith Rio the next time we go! Would you be the first to post a review here for us?
For hotel photos ( and my Rio photos!) have a look here. Hopefully, as more members go, we will have a lot more photos added!
I see you have added your report already.Thanks!
Thanks so much for your report. 10 days to go now!!! :thanks
Hi Smudger 2

Glad you had a brill time, just wondering what the weather was like when you were there?

And did you book your trip to Rio from the hotel, and if you didnt can you?
KELLY & DAZ,

My tickets arrived a few days ago. I got dead giddy! Just ordered my currency, going for half reals and half us dollars. We didnt end up getting malaria tabs, phoned the number you gave me (thanks again for that) and they advised us that we didnt need them, boots said the same thing. So were opting out. Quite happy bout that, really wasnt looking forward to taking them. :P
Have you been on the new first choice planes yet? We went to the dominican republic on one last year and they are fab! Al doesnt like flying much, but he loved it.

also

HI SMUDGER2

How was the building work? :lol:
Hi Yoda :wave

I wish they would have told us that we didnt need the Malaria tablets :evil: , i may not bother taking them now.

No we havent been on the new planes, this is our first time but looking farward to it, i hope its more comfortable than normal.

Glad you got your tickets, work is going really really slow now cause i just want to go.

oh well not to long now :lol:
hi all,
sorry i have not been back to you all for a while but have been busy answering emails from other holiday makers from another site on the iberostar in brazil. so as to weather. we had 5 very sunny days, 2 days when it rained. one for 5 hours and one for 7 hours. animation staff organised games and quizes. rest of time cloudy and very hot. please do put sun cream on even when cloudy as alot of people got sunburn on the cloudy days. its quite windy
as for the building work as i put in my report the building work is going on on block 3 but it is very discreet and you cannot hear it or see it from the pool or beach. hope this helps.
smudger2
HEY KELLY AND DAZ,
Just been back on that iberostar web site i gave you the other day http://www.imagebank.iberostar.com and lots more pics have been added.

sam :hyper
hi all,
just finished reading all the messages on this site and there are some great pictures on the iberostar message site. they were taken and posted by iberodave and he has done a great job. also some of mine on there as well. we didnt hav maleria tablets or yellow fever . advised dont need them. mossies were not a great problem anyway although they do have some flys that look like horseflys that bite. insect repellant as a precaution i think. hope you all have as good a time as all the 5th of mayers had. we had a great laugh.try this web site for may 5th photos
smudger2
http://www.iberostar-board.com/picture_library/showgallery.php?cat=530
:wow
Hi there,

Not long to go now, we cant wait, works dragging loads.
Just want to get away now :D
Hi all,

Just been reading reviews and looking at some photo's of the Hotel. It all looks great....phew!

We are getting excited now as it's less than a month 'til we go.

Anyone else going out around June 24th?

We are going for 2 weeks flying from Gatwick.

Dave & Cath
Hi Smudger2

The pics all look great. Thanks.

The price list for the trips does not give a price for the trip to RIO.
do you know what the cost was?

Are there any local tour operators? I prefer to use local people whenever I can.

Did you visit Salvadore? Is there local buses etc to take you there?

Thanks for your Help

Best Regards

Martine & Terry :love

13 Weeks and 5 days to go :fly
hi martine and terry,
first point first. the price list does not give a price for rio as it changes almost daily. something to do with cost ofuel for the flights. think its a bit like easyjet. when we were there it worked out about £300 per person. most people found it cheaper to book in england before they go and do it at the start of there fortnights holiday.
second. there are some tour operators in praia do forte near the village square. dont know anybody that used them so dont know what they are like. sorry
third. didnt go to salvador as we heard alot of mixed reports. + we didnt go there to go travelling alot. some said it took along time to get there and back after picking up and dropping off other passengers but as i didnt go i cannot give you a first hand account. maybe some others that did go could come on the site and let you know. i dont think there are any local buses come to the hotel. the only ones i did see were the workers buses bringing them in to do the ongoing building work to block 3 and the new golf club. again i could be totally wrong as we never asked if there was a bus. the rep never told anyone that there was one. you could hire a car (rep advised not to as manic in salvador) or get a taxi.
sorry cannot be of more help but hopefully someone else can help you out.try going and registering on the iberostar site and put some of your questions on there. there are alot more people putting replies on there. follow link below. hope you have a great holiday
smudger2
http://www.iberostar-board.com/boards/index.php?topic=2145.new;topicseen#new
Assuming you have to get a return to Salvador, you can get flights for £350 for two with varig.
http://portal.varig.com.br/uk/varig/index_html
HI SMUDGER,
How many days out of 14 did it rain? and when it rained was it for an hour or so, or was it all day?
Getting a little bit worried that its going to rain for 14 days.

:shock:
Hi YODA

We are a little worryed about the weather to, but i went on another web site today and found this
**edit
sorry, I had to delete this. Due to copyright issues you can not copy and paste from other sites. However, you can provide a link to it instead. Perhaps you could rephrase it in your own words?
Fiona ht mod**

So that made us feel a little bit better about it.

anyway im sure we will have a great time, and its only 2 more days at work yippee :fly
hi yoda,
out of 14 days we had one day were it rained for 5 hours. we had one day were it rained for 7 hours. we had 5 days of wall to wall sunshine. the rest of the time it was cloudy with occasional bright spots. some people who came home this week said in a reply to me that there second week was red hot. during our hols it was always hot .around 85 degrees even on the cloudy days. itwas also those days when people did not put suncream on that they got sunburn!!!!!!!! oh and by the way it was windy on alot of the days. i personally enjoyed the weather there as i dont enjoy the searing heat all the time but i know other people prefer it were it burns there skin off!!!!
hope this helps
smudger2
Thanks very much for that Smudger2. Feel better about the whole thing knowing that.

Last day at work today and i can tell its really going to drag! :wink:
Thanks Fiona.

Very good link will book flights.

Any one know how much the Taxi fare from Hotel to Salvadore Airport is?

Thanks

Martine & Terry :love
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.